Opposite Reactions but Honestly, Which is Worse?

The hair on the back of my neck stands on end, the cold air tickling my skin.

I stop painting.

Someone's watching me.

My eyes dart around without moving my head, trying to spot the perpetrator without being obvious.I can hear their heavy breathing coming closer in silent steps.

I put my brush down. Slowly I turn my head.

I come face to face with the look of a pervert and the devil combined. Scared, I jump in surprise, putting a hand to my heart.

"Jesus Tae! You scared the crap outta me! I thought my heart was gonna explode!"I hit his arm, scolding him.

"Oh I'm sure your heart already exploded yesterday." He wiggles his brows "With love and passion! How was it? Did you look into each other's eyes and whisper loving things? Did he hold you close and push back your hair to tell you-you're beautiful?  Did you guys neck it out?" He says theatrically holding out his hands like Shakespeare.

I grimace at him "What? No! We just ate and saw a movie"

Tae continues, jumping up, more excited than a dog rummaging in a trashcan. "Are you guys in love? Did things get spicy? Did you see his abs? He has abs! Don't let him fool you into thinking he doesn't because they're there! They're like bam and BAM and like BAAM! Like a bar of choco-"

"Tae none of that happened. Aish!I missed it when you didn't approve of him, now you're just creepy." I go back to painting, trying not to think about what Jin's abs would look like. If I did, I might drool.

"CREEPY?!" Tae yells, offended "I am just supporting your relationship! DON'T SHAME ME FOR SHIPPING YOU GUYS! DON'T KINK SHAME ME!" our classmates stop talking, shocked by Tae's words.

"Ewwwww! Get in the trashcan where you belong, ya nasty." I flick his forehead and he laughs, flicking my forehead in return.

"But really, how did it go? Did you get you home safely and at a reasonable time?" He asks with a smile, all jokes aside.

I nod enthusiastically. "of course! It was really fun and he was really nice. He's even bringing me ice cream today"

"ICE CREAM?!" Tae's eye's widen, clasping his hands together in hope "When?!"

"At break"

Tae grabs my shoulders "TELL HIM TO BRING ME SOME!"

"What? Why?" I push his hands off.

He stomps his foot and swings his arms "AHhhh! NooOONaAA!! He whines, pouting.

His expression reminds me of a sad kitten, " in the arms of an angel" softly playing in the back of my head.

"Fine! fine!" I pull out my phone and begin to text him

Tae Jumps up and down, clapping "Strawberry!! Tell him I want strawberry!!" He grabs my arm, shaking it in excitement and making it hard for me to text.

I flick him off of me again "stop it you needy raccoon!"

***

My leg bounces as we sit, waiting for Jin in the cafe. Tae calmly hums a song, braiding the ends of my hair into knots.

I spot Jin through the window, lips in a pout as he concentrates on not spilling the ice creams he's balancing in his hands.

I quickly get up, brushing out Tae's braid and run over to open the door.

"Jin!"

He looks up and smiles at me, opening his mouth to speak. Suddenly the sound of an incoming velociraptor interrupts us.