Drama Addict

Everyone was here at this point. Joon and Tae were watching every movement with hawk eyes, Tae's huge boxy smile showing obvious entertainment by the whole situation.

I was the most uncomfortable I've ever felt in my life. And that's saying a lot.  You don't know what true pain is like until you've endured four hours of a wedgie.

But trust me, this was worse.

The tension in the air was thicker than my thighs.

Jungkook glares at Jin, fire emitting from his eyes like a tiny dragon. Jin just looks back, slightly disgusted and disturbed by Jungkook's aggression. He takes a step away for good measure.

"Okay, well.... We made food for everyone, we can eat first and then you children can do your stupid unnecessary competition." I say, breaking the heavy silence.

"No! We don't have time for food. We start now." Jungkook says through gritted teeth, ignoring my insults. "Unless you're too scared?" His eyebrow cocks up, voice turning vain and mocking. He lets out a fake, cocky laugh.

Namjoon snorts, entertained by Jungkook's empty words. He's trying to be intimidating but he just looks like a little kid, threatening you with a sock like its a gun.

I roll my eyes and smack Jk hard on the back of the head. He grabs his injury, now directing his fiery eyes at me.

"What the he-"

"Quit being dramatic, this isn't some freaking K-drama. We'll bring the food in to the living room, okay? Then you can eat AND play your game." I scold him, putting his superiority complex in check.

Jungkook rolls his eyes like an edge lord, stomping off into the living room to set up the game.

Tae giggles, happily clapping as he bounces away after him.

He's having the time of his life isn't he? Drama addict much?

I turn back to Jin who's wide-eyed, paler than Voldemort and has regret painted across his face

"What. Have I gotten myself into?" He whispers to me as I walk towards him.

I offer a look of pity, sadly smiling at him. He waits for me to offer some kind of escape route, but I just shake my head, giving him a small pat on the back. I walk past him and into the kitchen.

***

"NO! That's not-! When did you even pass me!!??" Jungkook rages harder than a vegan in steakhouse "YOU'RE F'ING CHEATING! YOU'RE F'ING CHEATING!" He sits up on his knees in anger, getting closer to the TV.

I take a second helping of the tteokbokki, watching intently as Jungkook has a meltdown.

Jin silently continues to play, a butter knife close by just in case Jungkook goes rabid and tries to bite him or something. Safety first right?

Namjoon calmly dines on the food. He takes a sip of tea, pinky out like he's at some afternoon tea party.

"Jungkook fighting! Jungkook fighting!" Tae cheers from the side-line, fists up in encouragement, mouth covered in chocolate from all the strawberries he's been eating.

"SHUT UP MOLE RAT! YOU'RE MESSING ME UP!" Jungkook screams as he falls off the track, again, hit by a shell.

Tae ignores him, adding a small dance to his routine.

I can't tell if he's mocking him or genuinely cheering...

"so unmanly" Namjoon shakes his head at Jungkook, sighing.