Summary

[COMPLETED]

Indigo always had problems, but when her father committed murder-suicide against her mother, she had trouble keeping those problems under control. She had a fear of the world. Everyday actions were feats for her; going to high school, socializing, even falling asleep at night. Of course, her greedy aunt was no help.

She felt hopeless.

Until she met Nate.

Nate had problems of his own. All his life he's had trouble staying focused. He wanted to believe he was normal, but it's hard to think that when you're brilliant in class and... not so brilliant on paper. He didn't want to have A.D.H.D. He tried to pretend he didn't, but there was something rooted deep inside him, telling him he wasn't good enough.

He felt useless.

Until he met Indigo.

When Nate met Indigo, all he wanted to do was help, but could she reveal her secrets to him? Could two wrongs make a right? Quickly, Indigo and Nate developed a relationship that neither thought was possible for themselves to have. Could Nate help Indigo move on from her past and defeat her demons? Could Indigo help Nate accept himself for who he was and hopefully help him pass English?

Originally a NaNoWriMo novel, The Way the World Ends revolves around two teens just trying to survive high school and hopefully understand themselves and the words of T.S. Eliot.

***

warning: some sexual content, brief violence, language, and sensitive topics.