• THREE •

"Holly, hurry up!" Holland's roommate Pansy whispers shrilly as she tugged the duvet off of the brunette's body. Holland hisses as she adjusts her eyes to the very brightened room, also noticing her already-dressed friend. Good Godric, first day of the year and the girl was already contemplating on skipping. She begins to close her eyes for a few more seconds, still not accustomed to being awake. To this, Pansy threw a pillow her way, point-blank towards her head.

    "You've got to be joking. You're completely mental if you think I'm going to let you go back to sleep!" Pansy scoffs in disbelief with her arms in the air. The pale skinned girl had her hair in a sleek ponytail, she looked gorgeous. Holland never understood how she was identified as a pug by all the students.

     She had an upturned nose, but that didn't exactly mean she looked like a dog. She knew her terrible personality contributed to all the comments, and with that, Holland couldn't do anything in her friend's defense. Holland now sits up in her bed, blinking and rubbing her feet against the smooth duvet.

    "Could you please just hurry up! Draco wanted to make sure we'd walk to class together." Pansy whined in pure irritation. Holly must have woken up later than she thought if Pansy was in this big of a mood. Holland tried to tame her mess of a hair, smoothening the brown, bushy locks out. It was always in tangles no matter how many times she'd brushed it, so she eventually just stopped trying.

    "Oh, hell. What time is it?" Holland groans while stretching out her arms and legs, as if she her friend weren't already in a hurry. Holland forced herself to stare at the bright body of water out  out the dorm's window in hopes of having it wake her up. The dark, circular room still had a touch of that dungeon-like feeling to it, with 4 windows between four beds, three beds out of four were made. She stood up and put her hair up in a tight knot, like how those muggle ballet dancers that she loved so much did. With a quick wave of her wand, she was dressed, neat, and glowing. 

    Pansy rolled her eyes, used to how advanced her friend was with magic. Because Holland's parents had always been so strict with how she shouldn't use magic to make her life easier, Holland made sure she could do just that, but in secret. It's not that she didn't want to listen to her parents, Holland just simply didn't like feeling controlled, detained, limited from such privileges. She began privately practicing in her room, beginning from levitating books to organize them in a particular order, to then learning how to completely revamp her room without moving a finger, but rather, a simple flick of the wrist with wand in hand. 

    She was thankful the letters of Mafalda Hopkirk reached her before her parents, and she was even more grateful when the Ministry of Magic seemed to assume that Holland was merely getting a head start on auror training at home, somehow lifting the Trace off of her years before she would become of age.

    "With the talent and mind of yours, I still don't understand how you manage to keep playing it safe with your pranks on pretty boy Diggory." Pansy almost spits out his name in disgust, just as repulsed by the boy as Holland. Nobody really understood how Slytherins' minds worked, who to hate, why to hate, and how long to hate, but it seemed that they just found the right people and wordlessly agree to dislike and just how much so. Holland figured people who were more popular were the ones at risk for such irrational hatred. Holland usually didn't conform, being friends with Harry and the lot and all, but of course, Cedric Diggory was a different story,

    "I wanted to stoop down on his level. If I don't, it's just cheating." Holland purses her lips and shrugs before proceeding to the mirror for a quick check on her appearance, already dabbing a finger of some kind of colored balm on her lips. Holland was spitting out lies, and she knew it. Cedric Diggory wasn't just Hogwarts's pretty boy, he was one of the smartest, too. He could probably charm a broken clock to have it sing him the time, if he wanted to.