• TWENTY-FIVE •

"Do you want to talk about it, Holly?" George asked softly, looking at the girl who hadn't spoken in hours. Holland simply shook her head, knowing she couldn't explain how she knew what could happen. To take his mind off the subject, Holland leaned her head on the boy's shoulder, staring off into the hedge where Cedric had entered, thinking about what she could do if he'd miraculously come back alive. If he comes back alive, I'll donate a hundred galleons from my savings to St. Mungo's, or, If he comes back alive, I'll pay for Ron's Honeyduke's and sweet trolley hauls for the rest of our years in Hogwarts. Holland was desperate, pleading to Merlin that she'd do everything right if Cedric could come back alive. Hermione was sitting with Ron, knowing it wouldn't be any help to go on to Holland and try to talk to her about it.

    After what felt like forever being in front of the man who'd murdered his parents, Cedric, and a whole lot of other innocent lives, holding onto his hand with both hands as he fought for his life against Voldemort, Harry finally took the cup and had returned with Cedric's body. People immediately begin cheering, applauding the two boys. Seeing that Harry was crying, Holland immediately jumped to her feet as George tried to calm her down. She pulled away from his grasp, running to the two boys in panic. "No!" She yells as Fleur herself lets out a scream. She couldn't bring herself to come closer, stopping by the stairs as she watched Dumbledore try to pry Harry's hands off the boy.

    "Harry," The professor grabbed the boy's arms back, knowing that the way he was clinging onto Cedric would cause an enormous stir for the entire audience. Madame Maxime was already consoling Fleur who resembled Holland as she was weeping just as hysterically.

    "No!" Harry says, bringing his hands back to Cedric. Holland couldn't believe it, she thought it could have worked somehow. Did stalling just make it worse? She thought that talking hard on him could have at least thrown him off his game somehow, and now there he was, lying still on the ground as Harry cried over his body. Holland sinks to her knees, face blank and expressionless for she had reached a pain that had numbed her enough to not even bring herself to cry anymore.

    "He's back," Harry says miserably, his face in the hands of Dumbledore who had been trying to calm him down.

    "Keep everyone in their seats!" The Minister of Magic, himself says, not even trying to bring Holland back to her seat. Her house head sees this, the professor not knowing what to do. Snape approaches her slowly, still trying to think of what to say before Minerva McGonagall puts her hand before him, letting him know she'll be the one to handle it.

    "Dear, speak to me. What is it?" She asks and Holland looks at the professor.

    "He's dead. He's dead, professor." Was all Holland could say, no other words forming in her head. The professor cradles the girl's head in her arms, heart breaking as she realized the two had finally formed a friendship after all the years of hatred and rivalry. George was now by the barricade-like front of the benches, peering over as he eyed Holland in concern.

    As more people peered over the two students, Holland lifted up her head and began to speak. "I just wish he knew. I could have told him," She confessed to the Professor, who now had tears forming in her eyes, herself. Professor McGonagall blinked rapidly, not letting any more tears to form in her eyes as she knew she had to make sure the student felt comforted.

    "Oh, my dear." She says, rubbing the back of the Slytherin. "I think you should at least say goodbye. I'm sure Mister Diggory would like that," McGonagall smiles sadly.

    "Professor, I don't think I can right now," Holland protested weakly, her knees buckling at the thought of facing the now forever unconscious body of Cedric Diggory.