• SEVEN •

"Holly!" The distant yells of Draco called to Holland before she could enter the room where she'd be having her first detention with the newly selected champion. It was a bright day, not evident to the two as they were in a concealed hall, being in the dungeons and being shielded from any evidence of the day's luminosity. Adjacent from his office, Severus Snape's chosen room for detainment was his potions classroom, a room very familiar to Holland Avery. He seemed to have no issues in his own office, deciding against silent sessions in a classroom as opposed to organizing files and relabelling his potions ingredients. Holland was even grateful, she had no energy to be organizing or even writing on spellotape endlessly as she relabelled the moving tentacles and wormwood that Snape liked to keep in his shelves among other sinister ingredients.

    "Please do tell me about the wand up your arse," Holland giggles, earning an exasperated eye-roll from the boy. The platinum haired Slytherin had disheveled hair, trying to regulate his breath as he'd been running.

    "Oh, piss off. Listen, I overheard Dane Oliver.." He trails off, Holland immediately knowing who he was talking about. He was the school's potions master, the only student who was able to perfect any potion in under a minute. He was a Hufflepuff and Cedric Diggory's best friend. The boy could probably have easily concocted a potion for himself just because he had nothing else to do. Draco had now leaned closer to Holland, afraid of any possible eavesdroppers.

    "Alright," Holland says, waiting for Draco to continue, as she didn't have much time before she'd be called over to the room. She then eyes around as well, wondering what's gotten her friend so uptight.

    "Avery, Come on!" Cedric, who was now uncharacteristically enthusiastic about his first detention calls. Motioning her over, waving his hands as if the two were on their way to some adventure instead of 3 hours of eye-drying detainment and silence.

    "Aren't you badgers known for your patience?" Holland waves to dismiss the boy. Draco wanted to say something to Cedric himself, biting his tongue as what he had to tell Holland was much more important. Cedric merely smiles at her comment, nodding and entering the classroom alone.

    "It's bad. Don't trust the boy. He plans on pouring a potion in your flask. If you're thirsty, endure it." Draco says, eyes checking around them once more, storm grey orbs resting on the stairs parallel to them, swearing they'd caught a glimpse of a shadow.

    "Or I could drink it now, you fucking maniac." Holland rolled her eyes at Draco's theatrics, not at all as panicked by the predicament as Draco was.

    "Holland Avery, don't tell me you're alright with passing up the opportunity of giving Diggory a taste of his own medicine? He'd made you suffer the slime he was supposed to face, am I wrong? I think you're smart enough to catch my drift here," Draco smirks, eyebrows wiggling in pure mischief. Holland smirked at the glorious method of retaliation.

    "Fair point. I'm sold. Thanks, Drey." Holland says as she grinned at Draco, tussling the hair of the platinum haired boy in front of her. "You'll be the first to hear from me when I finish, alright? Astronomy tower?" Holland hadn't been doing well with potions, Draco having surprisingly good marks, he had offered to give a few tutoring sessions with Holland. Like Holland had always said and thought, people only saw the Harry Potter, blood-traitor, and muggleborn hating Malfoy, but he was so much more than that. From conjuring up animals at the mere age of twelve, and even being one of the top students in potions, Draco was certainly an intelligent and talented wizard.