• SEVENTEEN •

The Black Lake had been nothing but ice cold, sharp winds blasting through the air as the champions nervously chatter about and listen to their headmasters. Holland grumpily made her way to the giant towers alone, cursing at her so-called friends who'd promised to go to the lake with her, rowing to the venue with Harry, who was also upset at his friends, and Neville. The task was about to start, and there was still no sign of Ron nor Hermione. Harry weakly shrugged their absence off, now trying to calm himself down before ingesting a handful of a sort of plant that Neville had given him. Holland had no idea what on earth a Gillyweed was, but she knew (or at least hoped) in his Herbology proclivity that she could trust Neville's judgement. For the second task, Holland and Cedric had settled on another charm, knowing that the bubble-head charm would suffice. Holland had no doubts for her little trainee. Her good friend, however, was bouncing on his heels, turning his head left and right while breathing frantically.

"What on earth is going on with you?" The Slytherin in the black jumper asks Harry, who resembled a cat about to deliver a litter of 8 kittens.

"I- Ron and Hermione," The boy tried to answer, then rapidly turning his head in search for his two best friends. The two not being in sight probably added to the boy's nerves. Holland had always felt sympathetic for the boy, but he seemed almost hopeless at this point, she needed to get him to keep it together. She began to strike the boy's red tank-clad back, hopefully letting him breathe better as he began to cough.

"Oh, Merlin's beard, boy!" Holland still comfortingly tapping the boys back in hopes of calming him down. "I have to go on to George, okay? You're going to be amazing." Holland hugs the boy in the red top before going to her boyfriend who'd been going around and placing bets. The boy in a similarly designed house top, but in yellow, eyes the scene but proceeds to keep quiet, knowing that asking for another good luck hug might cause trouble up in relationship heaven with Holland and George. Holland not seeming to have noticed Cedric, headed straight up to the crowd and find her friends.

"Do you want to place a sickle or two?" Fred asked the girl who'd finally arrived, earning a smack on the arm. "Ow! Oi, mate. Calm your girl down!" Fred chuckled, shining the binoculars he probably won't be needing.

"Where is she?" The taller twin inquires excitedly, eyes landing on Holland. "Hi, honey," George greets happily, pulling Holland close to him in a loving embrace. Holland looked back at the champions, seeing Cedric looking at the two of them. 'Good luck', the girl mouthed, Cedric sent back an unsure smile while Dumbledore was beginning to welcome everyone to the second task.

"Last night, something was stolen from each of our champions." Dumbledore announces, the crowd separated in three platforms on the water, each platform shaking despite its sturdiness as people on them holler and bounce, cheering for the champions. "A treasure, of sorts. There four treasures, now lie on the bottom of the Black Lake. In order to win, each champion need only to find their treasure and return to the surface." Each of the champions taking soothing deep breaths as they prepare themselves and listen to the headmaster's instructions, fellow schoolmates and trainers cheering them on behind them. "Simple enough. They will have but one hour to do so, and one hour only. After that, they'll be on their own. No magic will save them." Holland's eyebrows scrunch in worry, the tasks of the tournament seeming more and more dangerous.

"Harry!" Holland called out in concern as Professor Moody tapped on his back like Holland had, though a lot harsher. Dumbledore announces that the champions' cue to dive in the water were the cannon, not even a second after saying so, the cannon shot and the champions dove immediately. Harry was still looking as if he couldn't breathe. As he was the last one still on land, Professor Moody pushes him, causing the boy to fall over into the water in contrast to the other champions' graceful dives. "Oh my God," Holland whispers the exclamation to herself.