• ONE •

Holland woke up feeling the best she'd ever felt in a long time. She was more than ready to bring her already-packed trunk to King's Cross and start her fourth year in Hogwarts. She dabbed a tiny coat of tinted balm on her lips dipping a finger in her favorite lipstick and rubbing her index finger to mix it with the balm. She stepped away a bit from the mirror, studying herself for a moment before deciding that she was satisfied with how she fixed herself. She then took one last gander at her tidied up room before closing the door. She trudges down the stairs of her home, giggling at how loud the sound of her trunk was against the household's carpeted stairs, greeting her parents that were preparing their last breakfast together for a while.

    "Good morning, darling." Her mother Imelda sings while tasting the spoon she was using to fry the eggs on a pan. It was a beautiful, sunny day in the Avery household. The kitchen radiating nothing but yellow and positivity as the sunlight shone through the windows, illuminating the already bright room even more. The Averys resided in the wizarding world, but peculiarly lived a muggle lifestyle, not wanting to be so reliant on the convenience of magic for everything.

    "How are you feeling, my favorite child? Ready for another year of magic, I see!" Rufus Avery, her father chortles. The two were more than supportive and protective of their only child. Being two of the most powerful aurors of the wizarding world, their charms and power known to be extraordinary. Holland lived most of her life inspired and heavily influenced by their determination and unstoppable ambition. And even though the Averys were known to be the "Two Most Ferocious Wizards"—named so after catching their 25th dark wizard in one year—they were still one of the most carefree and enthusiastic pair a wizard would ever meet.

    Holland made her way to the round, marbled dining table to kiss both of her parents. "I don't know how we'll be able to make another year without seeing you each day, Holly-polly." Her father admits sadly, Holland powered through a potential wince at his chosen nickname, deciding to focus on how sad her father was. "I will write to you guys as much as I can! And maybe Teagan can even bring you guys a chocolate cauldron or two." Holland suggests, talking about her owl. Her parents' favorite delicacy was the chocolate cauldron, it being one of their mostly purchased sweet back when they were students at Hogwarts, themselves. Holland tied her hair up in a ponytail before grabbing a plate and assembling a breakfast from the set her mother had beautifully prepared.

    "Don't forget to write back to Nymphadora, darling." Imelda reminds before seeing her daughter nod. She was talking about the woman who'd been eyeing a position as an auror. Her and Holland had become fast friends, Nymphadora, who'd rather be called Tonks and had reluctantly agreed to be called Dora by Holland, had talked to Holland about numerous things especially since the two had a similar, muggle-involved lifestyle as Tonks was a halfblood, having a muggle father and a pureblood mother.

    "Any advice for my fourth year?" The fifteen year old munched on a pancake, looking around the wonderfully bright kitchen that she knew she'd be missing once more for the next 9 months. The kitchen had mostly white furniture, counters, chairs, and tables being white marble, with flowers and curtains being yellow. "What should I be expecting?" Holland asks excitedly, the food in her mouth changing the enunciation of her words. Holland wiped her lips and smiled in excitement for another wonderful year at Hogwarts. 

    Holland's first year at Hogwarts was marvelous and everything she was hoping the rest of her life studying at Hogwarts to be. The rest of her life in Hogwarts was exactly that until she befriended Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger. Forming the friendship certainly wasn't easy, their first year Holland did everything she could to befriend specifically Ronald Weasley. She had high hopes of having some sort of connection to his brother George, a boy Holland had fallen for the second her eyes had landed on the twin who had been sniggering behind a corner, hiding from a fuming Filch whom he'd pranked by collecting toilet seats and lining them up in the middle of the hallway.