• FOURTEEN •

(A/N: I suggest you give the link I've attached a listen while you read this! Also, yes, I'm aware of the time difference between the time the fourth book took place and the time the song had been released. Bare with me, though. Let's pretend it makes sense? Thank you, I love you!! <3)

Song: https://open.spotify.com/track/1QtpKRXtJZSdJp3Y299zkQ?si=wzMYGCWnTH2fW2DrrDkDyw

Alright, enough a/n, and onto what y'all are really here for. hope you're enjoying reading :^)

~

    Pansy began to trudge against the dark, stone floors next to Holland as they exit the room after waiting for all the lower years to leave. "Who do you suppose you're going with?" She asks Holland. The question immediately brightened Holland's face, the girl was now beaming at Pansy.

    "May or may not be George Weasley," Holland gushes, not caring that her group of friends were disgusted with the Weasleys and their blood-traitor means of living. They had wanted to cut off ties with Holland at first, knowing very well none of their parents would be supportive of them being friends with such people who had no cares for blood purity in the wizarding world. It would just have to be the small price for them to pay, as Holland's parents weren't exactly ecstatic about their daughter spending time with them either.

    "And you're happy about it?" Pansy forms a face of disgust, her black and green robes swishing as she brought a hand up to tuck a strand of raven-colored hair behind her ear. Holland was about to tell her off, until she chuckled. "Joking. I know you've been in love with him since forever." Pansy says, hugging her friend as she was happy for her. Holland smiled for the hundredth time that day, feeling her heart swell at the fact that her friend were okay with her and George.

    "Oh, you know I love you." Holland hugged her friend just as tight. "You and I haven't had a proper day together yet, huh? Let's go off to the common room, then!" Holland says excitedly, grabbing Pansy's hand and running off to the dungeons.

    The two spent the rest of the afternoon giggling and gossiping with one another, Holland had to pinch herself whenever she'd almost let it slip about Cedric, she was in no energy to retell the ridiculously complicated tale of her current situation.

    "And your afternoons with Diggory? Have you snogged yet?" Pansy teased, too busy snickering to herself to notice the tiny layer of sweat that had formed in her friend's face.

    "Bloody hell, how I could ever still be fully functioning to tell the tale if that ever happened.." Holland lied through her teeth, clenching her entire body to resist the temptation. Pansy was her friend, surely telling her the truth would eventually blow over, but Holland decided against it anyway.
-

    Cold wool scuffed against the ground, dainty fingers running through the walls, appreciating the details of the portrait frames she was passing in front of. The residents of each portrait flashing grins and whistles of greeting as Holland sung quietly to herself while she made her way to the kitchens, ready to tickle the pear for a piping hot mug of cocoa.

    "I was too young to see the truth
    In my grandma's lap, I'm drowning in her perfume
    Too naive to even care
    'Bout the words she whispered while she brushed out my hair," She sang, admiring how her voice echoed so serenely and peacefully as she walked, ghouls and paintings in awe, as well. Tonight Holland was sporting her favorite baby pink wool slippers, her sleeping clothes a striped pastel purple and white.

    "Marvelous voice, darling. Do keep singing." A knight flirting with a maiden carrying her child says, alarming Holland. Not that she didn't expect him to talk, but more of the fact that she'd just seen him about five paintings back.