• EIGHTEEN •

It was the day after the second task, Cedric and Holland deciding to eat in a form of celebration. The two were in their usual pajamas, this time with aprons draped over them. They were now in the kitchen, baking along with the elves as they thought it would be fun. Holland tried to make things as light as possible, trying to make it seem like the two shouldn't talk about their last encounter even though it had been the only thing on her mind recently. She basked in the warm light of the kitchens, the almost-permanent smell of cinnamon blessing her senses. So she figured baking with the elves would do the trick, the two spending time together, but more focused on working and not talking. Her hair was up in a ponytail, cheeks stained with a few brushes of flour and even sugar as she began to organize the ingredients that were sprawled on the marble table in front of them.

"Can't believe we never thought of doing this before." Cedric smiles, mixing a bowl of cocoa and flour. The kitchen was now a bit dimmer, though still as warm and brighter than most rooms in the castle. The elves probably have been tidying up and going to sleep until the two came. Holland and Cedric were of course, understanding. Saying that the elves could say no if they were to sleep, but the house elves lived to serve and lived to let their masters be happy, happily letting the two enter the kitchen and even use their materials.

"Can't believe it, either. But here we are, living and basking in one of the best decisions we've ever made." Holland says excitedly, imagining the decadent chocolate cake the two would dive into once they'd finished making it, wanting to decorate it with raspberries, just like how her mother, Imelda, did. Cedric was on the left side of the giant marble table, three elves assisting him and telling him what to do, Holland being on the right side with the same amount of elves telling her what to do. Holland was in charge of the frosting and fruit to put on the cake, washing raspberries and creating a beautiful white frosting.

"Oh, Mister Diggory! Pokey thinks you should wash the whisk, now." A cute elf says, pushing him towards the sink that was behind Holland. Cedric happily complies, bringing his dirty bowl to the sink and turning the faucet on, Holland hearing the sound of water. Holland sighed in happiness, she'd actually managed to help Cedric with two tasks. Outside the Triwizard tournament, though, Holland had other problems to deal with. She still thought of how she had grown more and more uncomfortable and unsure with George, always wondering if the two needed to break up. Most couples breaking up at Holly's age were because they argued a lot, or one had been cheating on the other. Holland was sure the two were experiencing neither, but why didn't she feel happy? Hermione's and Cedric's words echoed in Holland's mind.

    'Maybe there are things you're looking for in George, and you've found them in someone else.'

    'When you tell me about whatever you want to share, I love that you forgot you've already told me. I just listen and pretend to be surprised because you're still so excited about it.'

    Holland tried to reason with herself. She couldn't expect George to be pleased with her redundant story-telling, she also called him out for stories he'd already told. Just because there was one small thing Cedric had that George didn't, means that Holland should hop off George's arms and jump into Cedric's.

"Hey, Holly." She hears, breaking her train of thought. She turned around to look at Cedric, gasping in surprise as a sticky substance comes into contact with her cheek. The boy was now laughing proudly, still holding the bowl of leftover batter. Holland seethes, though chuckling herself.

"You did not just do that, Diggory." She fumed, laughing evilly as she knew she had no other choice but to get him back. She quickly dove her hand in the bag of flour near her and flung it towards his face. "How's that?" She asks sweetly.