• NINETEEN •

Holland barely understood a word from her first class, mind too busy thinking about her last conversation with George. One would think the rough grumbles of Alastor could snap anyone out of their trance, but Holland was too submerged within herself. Things were not going well, but they weren't officially broken up. Once class had dismissed, the girl went straight to the library, not wanting to be seen by anyone for the moment. The girl was snuggled between the violet velvet throw pillows, sniffling against the black school robes she'd pressed up to her nose. It was not the most sanitary nor ladylike, but Holland couldn't find the energy to care at the moment.

    "What are you doing here all alone?" She hears a quiet voice ask. She had taken comfort in where her and Draco sat months before, scheming about Cedric, back when things still made sense. She turns to see Draco, himself. Holland had spent her first few minutes in the library laying down, appreciating the sound of the rain hitting the glass of the window, debating whether or not she should pick up a random book in hopes of falling asleep faster.

"Why aren't you in class?" She asks grumpily, the two had spent the first period seated next to each other, Draco pleading for her to talk to him, and the girl ignoring him. Holland had enchanted the hidden part of the library to have a cushioned floor so she could bring a pillow from the chairs, planning to take a short nap. Draco had been sporting their usual uniform shirt and cloak, leaning against the bookshelf as he cocked his damp head to the side at the sight of his clearly upset friend. Holland inwardly smiled, she knew the boy had a soft spot for rain, he'd probably taken his time walking under it on the way to the library.

"Didn't feel like it was the best of my interest," Draco shrugged, making his way to lie down next to his friend. He turned to look at her, really taking in her appearance. It had barely been 12 in the afternoon, but the girl looked like a mess. "Are you alright?" He asks once more, sounding so concerned. The simple gesture made Holland burst in tears. Holland had never been one to hide her emotions, she'd grown up not knowing how to keep her tears in, and once they began to fall, she never learned how to make them stop, either. So when her usually cold, distant, and not at all emotionally literate friend had been showing concern and affection for more than an hour as she'd been trying her best to keep it in, Holland could n longer help herself.

"No," She said in a wobbly voice, turning around to hug Draco and weep into his cloak. The boy stiffens, startled at how quickly things had escalated. He knew she was upset, and he knew he didn't want her to stay upset, but the boy had no idea what he could contribute.

"What's with you?" He asks eagerly, finally hearing his friend respond to the question. She brought up her hand to her nose, wiping away any snot that would possibly stain the poor boy's cloak.

"Things aren't going too well for me right now." Holland lifts her head to look at him as she sniffles. The boy nods, gesturing her to carry on, her brown eyes boring into his grey ones. "I know blood-traitor boys aren't the best of your interest, either.. But Draco, I'm falling apart." She sobs, Draco sucked in a breath. He really wanted to be good for his friend, but talking about filthy muggle-befriending sorts made it difficult for him. What would his father say if he were to find out about this? Without thinking, her platinum haired friend engulfed her in what seemed to be the warmest hug she'd ever received. Holland was downright weeping at this point, relishing the sanctuary-like feeling of being in Draco's embrace. Once he let go, Holland saw the fury in his eyes, his pupils almost a dark gray as he fumed quietly.

"Do you ever come to realize that boys who make your tears fall are the boys that aren't worth a single drop?" Draco asked, and though his concern had really warmed Holland's heart, she knew he thought the problem could be solved by cutting off all ties with both boys. Holland remained patient, not at all angry with the boy. She simply shook her head, figuring he should understand fully.