• SIXTEEN •

It had been the first afternoon back in Hogwarts after New Year's, Cedric and Holland meeting up again for the first time. The two were now back to where they usually meet, the window showcasing the afternoon sun being a great difference to the usual night sky. Cedric and Holland were still in their civilian clothes, having just come back from the express.

"Any progress with the egg?" Holland asked, scarfing down the small pie the elves had prepared for her. Holland loved her mother's cooking, but she had definitely missed the elves'. Holland smiled at the memories of being in her home, despite it being not even months ago. Their home really was the safest place Holland could submerge herself in. Days after Holland arrived, her father had finally come back home. He'd been vague about where he'd been, but Holland decided not to push it. The rest of her holidays consisted of dates with Tonks when her parents had a full day out, and simply enjoying the comfort of being in her home with her family. She had surely missed it during the times of vast stress and confusion, having been involved in not only the Triwizard tournament, but the champion competing as he'd been bewitched to behave as if he were in love with her. What was even more confusing than that, was that he didn't behave like it anymore.

    The boy shakes his head, the two in the sunlight for once. "I'm just not too keen on listening to its wailing another time. I've tried countless times, to the point of my dad telling me to leave it alone. I tried, I really did, maybe there was a chance of me understanding some kind of different language hidden behind the wretched sound, but nothing." He was holding the egg that he'd brought out of his bag. "It sounds like a proper fish out of water wailing for help. If it had only sounded like you when you sang, Holland. I'd listen to it for days on end." Holland tries to hide her blush, somehow missing when Cedric complimented her. "You sound like an actual mermaid." He says, the two then looking at each other in realization.

"The prefect's bathroom," Cedric mutters to himself before grabbing his things and running to the fifth floor.

"What? The bathroom? Diggory?" Holland helplessly asks as she tried to run after him. Cedric didn't respond, he just motioned her to keep following him.

    The two had arrived, Holland observing the lavatory in amazement. "Wow, this is beautiful." The prefect's bathroom was breathtaking, an enormous room, pristine walls and windows of stained glass, and a large mirror in front of the bath that was placed right in the center of the room. Holland found the placement a bit off-putting, not liking that people who bathed there could literally see themselves while they did.

"Perks of being a prefect." Cedric says proudly. "Other than being able to be a small inspiration to the first years and being able to share with them the many wonders of Hogwarts!" Holland bit back a snort at how much of a dork the boy was. Holland began to walk around, admiring the room. Holland cursed herself for turning down the opportunity of behaving better and being given a chance of being a prefect. She had always heard talks about how professors had always thought she'd make a good prefect, she was, after all, someone people could listen to. But the professors decided against it when they knew Holland would be too dangerous to have as a prefect. By the looks of this room, she would have willingly spent days here.

"Alright," Holland says, turning one faucet, jumping back as she'd been startled by hundreds of other faucets began to pour out water. It was a wonderful sight, four rows of numerous faucets, each row pouring out each house color. Cedric smiles at the sight, recalling how similar his reaction was his first time in the bathroom. Holland watched as Cedric wordlessly enchanted the bath to foam up bubbles. "That's a bit extra, don't you think?" Holland jokes, wanting nothing but to dive in the bath if not only the boy had been there, too.

"I think we're going to need a bit of a cover up if you and I are jumping in this bath." Cedric said as if he had not just said something so alarming. Holland's breath catches in her throat, she began to cough.