• FOUR •

"Which of you can tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?" He asks, Holland having an uneasy feeling about how this man was speaking. Something felt wrong, as if he had drastically changed from the man he was when they first met.

    "You alright?" Ron whispers, not taking his eyes off the professor in front of them. Holland must have not been too discreet about her uneasiness, decided to straighten up in her seat and clear her throat.

    "Yes, sorry. Just a bit hungry again is all." She smiled at him, and in the corner of her eye, she saw him return an uneasy grin.

    "Three, sir." Hermione says grimly, eyeing Harry and Neville. Holland couldn't help but feel sorry that the two had to endure a lesson talking about the spells that had caused the demise of their parents. Holland knew about Neville's parents, Rufus and Imelda had been the ones on Lestrange's case after her Cruciatus curse on the two. The two were alive and all, but not in the state that would have them capable of raising nor even speaking to Neville. It was just as heartbreaking, possibly even more heartbreaking than death.

    "And they are so named.." Moody trails off, Holland feeling even more uncomfortable. She wanted to clear her throat again, but she was afraid that if she did, attention would be brought to her. So Holland decided to try her best to keep quiet.

    "Because they are unforgivable. The use of any of them will—" Hermione was cut off.

    "—will earn you a one way ticket to Azkaban. Correct!" He finishes, feverishly writing the word 'unforgivable' on the chalkboard. "The ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do. I say different!" Holland jumps at the man's words. He was frightening. She could now understand why he was called 'Mad-Eye'. "You need to know what you're up against! You need to be prepared," By that moment, Seamus Finnigan had just finished with chewing his gum, and thought to just stick it under his desk. "You need to find another place to put your chewing gum besides the underside of your desk, Mr. Finnigan!" He roared, the students giving each other looks of astonishment as the man was not even facing him. 

    "No way," Seamus shakes his head in disbelief, all eyes on him. "The old codger can see out the back of his head." Chalk flies from across the room, all heads ducking as Professor Moody undoubtedly heard what he said.

    "And hear across classrooms!" He bellows. "Now," He quickly moves on.  "Which curse shall we see first?" Holland grasps Ron's hand in fright. Was he going to demonstrate? Ron wasn't looking too well, himself.                                 

    "Blimey. Is he actually going to do it in here?" Ron whispers in disbelief, partly in awe.

    "This isn't right. This is so wrong." Holland did her best to whisper, afraid he'd hear her like how he'd heard Seamus.

    "Weasley!" Both Ron and Holland jump at his voice. Hermione shooting them a worried, sideward glance from where she sat. The professor was standing in front of the two now. "Yes?" His Ron'a fragile voice asked,

    "Stand," Ron slowly rises, afraid to let his eyes meet the man's crazy ones. "Give us a curse."

    "Well, my dad did tell me about one," He starts. "The Imperius curse." He finishes.

    "Oh yeah, your father would know all about that." Holland's eyebrows knit together in curiosity, not knowing what the man was talking about. "Gave the ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago," He eyes Ron sternly before continuing, "Perhaps this will show you why." He trods to the glass containers located behind the chalkboard and gets his hands on an arachnid.