four.

after shopping a bunch of food, taeyong and jitsuko walked home together, as he talked to the father and he handed the baby he had to bring to work with to taeyong, and witnessed an eager smile from taeyong.

"i'll take care of gunwoonie well." taeyong took the baby into his arms, whose smile suddenly turned happy because he saw taeyong. "it's fine, i'll take the work here."

he waited until the father left, and brought the baby out to the backyard, breathing and taking in the refreshing air inbetween the small greenish backyard, built with small but steady rows covered around the area. the sky got dimmer and more pinkish by now, like a pastel shade, as the rays of afternoon sunshine lingered, highlighted taeyong's hair.

"gunwoonie! look at the pink roses! aren't they beautiful? i really like them, to be honest. i want one for my birthday. but i'm afraid that the guys will call me "feminine" and stuff, they may not want to know that i like pink roses... i mean, they say that colors shouldn't be gender specific, but in real life, i'm still afraid-"

"aw. that's cute." a high and small voice exclaimed.

"jitsuko?"

he didn't realize she was already in front of him, eyeing straight at his hair. "roses are nice."

"they really are." the guy sighed and smiled tiredly. "i love them so much, they are so soft-looking, and they represent my inner personality. also, they remind me of my mother. she was a gardener."

"why was?"

"she's there." taeyong turned his back and faced the beautiful sky as the sun was setting. "in heaven."

"oh."

she was at a lost for words. "oh, i-"

"it's okay. always, i remind myself to think that she's happy up there, and i should be, too, beause she is. i gotta make her proud of me. it's not something to be sad about, it's something to remember and think, and smile at."

"uh, yeah." she tried to break out the awkwardness, but unfortunately turned back to it by accident. "i mean, uh, i wish you're always happy..."

"heh, it's fine! also, my friends and me are going to celebrate my birthday tomorrow. they are some extra bros, you wanna meet them? we're hanging out in a food stall, with a couple beers and fast food. like the broke selves we are. i asked for permission to not take care of the baby tomorrow, and the parents agreed."

she nodded her head and grinned. "sure! i mean, of course!"