thirteen.

that afternoon, jitsuko was a little bit surprised because taeyong wasn't at the couple's house, and the baby wasn't, too.

she impatiently waited for taeyong to come to her and talk, and look at her sweeteningly, but he didn't. there was no trace, no sign of the guy.

eyeing the sunset, rays of light highlighting the mold of the afternoon ethereal sky, she kept worrying. come on, maybe he was just taking a rest at home.

or at least she thought he was.

suddenly, she received a phone call.

"jitsuko-"

"huh? hey, i don't see taeyong today."

"i haven't seen him too. he's my buddy i usually hang out with on friday nights, but he didn't come to the cafe we promised to hang out at. there was no sign of him at his house, though. he didn't pick up calls... the calls were errors."

"really? i'm starting to get chills, oh my god! i'm worried..."

"don't worry, okay? i'm sure he is fine. i'll go search for him now, okay?"

the worrying girl put her phone down, and then picked it up again, trying to contact taeyong, but there was no sign of the latter.

she sighed. shrugged. and kept eyeing the neighbor's garden, wishing to see the silhoutte of him.

then, she couldn't keep it inside, and ran out of the house.

"man... what a bad situation."

jitsuko could hear the woman and her husband talking about something. and she heard the baby crying. they all went home now.

"don't cry, gunwoo~ shush..." the couple were still trying to shush their son.

the husband's loud and raspy voice frustratedly continued. "why didn't taeyong tell me? and just you?"

"he didn't want much people to know the reason he left. he said that he only wanted to tell me, and maybe you could know, but it would be too much knowing already." the woman's voice sounded frustrated and disappointed. "but, yes, the young man followed his father's business."

"so... he left?"

"yes. he left korea for his job. his father had an opportunity to give his son a better job and business, so the young man left everything and left for success. and he also said, that he changed his phone number already, so that no one could ask where he was. he wanted to forget everything that involved him in korea, as he also moves colleges."

what?

what did the woman just say?

biting her lip in confusion, jitsuko felt so numb and so... angry. angry for no reason, maybe it was because she felt like taeyong's smiles and words on the last day they met were all lies. they were all lies.

"taeyong said that he heard his father asking him for that job during midnight, and he immediately agreed and searched for a flight that he could go on right next morning. he called me after he decided to leave korea, and told me all of this." the woman's voice slowly became small, but still lingered in jitsuko's ears, wandering around her head, echoing inside.

she didn't expect all of this to happen.

picking up her phone in her pocket to tell the others to stop looking for taeyong, she sighed, as the afternoon sunshine went gone, and the sky turned grey, as if it was her own soul and was reflecting the sorrow right in front of her, starting an another blister of rain in the month of july, which the baby's cries slowly dissolved into the air, and her footsteps lead her back into her room.

maybe they weren't meant together. and that was just an unexpectant meeting between a girl and a babysitter.

---

GUYS DON'T BREAK DOWN THERE IS STILL THE EPILOGUE HOLD YOUR DAMN HORSES

---