Chapter 13

So.. It's Been A While, Hasn't It Kacchan?

Yes, It Has.

*

Izuku Midoriya's POV

It's been one, two weeks, three? All I know is that Kacchan won't even look my way whenever we see each other. The marks were long gone, people stopped asking, it's like it never even happened. School has started back up again. But it was so quiet. It's like he's avoiding me and everything to do with me. There was no yelling or beatings. After I spilled my secret that day, he didn't say anything for a while. We sat there quietly, it was tense and it choked us both. It could have been minutes or hours but he finally got up and looked at me, face scrunched up in disgust, maybe something else. He said something under his breath, a mumble of words I couldn't exactly understand.

I looked back to my journal. There were doodles of various marks I saw when I was walking and what I had taken note of around the class. I had become infatuated with them since I never got one myself. There were lightening bolts, diamonds, wings, and so many others. All different from the last, different stories etched into each mark. I thought about the process. The sinking of teeth into the nape of your neck, having to wait until the mark showed, beautiful and proud. My hand drifted to my nape and I smiled softly. I wouldn't be surprised if I never got one. Quirkless, mateless, markless, the list goes on doesn't it?

"Hey Midoriya, you okay?" Shoucchan quietly walked towards me.

Our class was silent, except for the small rustling of paper or the tapping of a pencil. No one would've ever thought that our class could ever be so hushed, not even Mr. Aizawa. It had been going on for while so it became normal. Kacchan never spoke the times he did come to class, but most days he was gone. Today was one of those days.

"Yeah, I'm just fine. Tired maybe." Tired of course, I haven't slept in days, but I wasn't going to say that now was I?

"Well, school's almost over. You seem to be in desperate need of a break. Let's hang out."

I nodded and returned to doodling in my notebook. A couple of pages were dedicated for each of my classmates and their marks. I would write their names and as soon as their mark showed up, I would sketch them down. Every name had a mark under it, except for Todoroki, Kacchan, and I. Everyday I would wait until a mark would show up on Kacchan, but it never did. Sometimes he would show up with hickies and bites all over his neck, it hurt a lot but I knew it was probably his mate, so he was happy, right? Lost in my thoughts, the bell rang through my ears.

I followed closely behind Shoucchan. After the night I tried to take my life, he's been there for me, every moment and every time I needed a shoulder to cry on. You could say that I've gotten pretty attached to him after that. No one else knew what went down that night other than him and Kacchan. Going to Shoucchan sounded like a better idea than to the root of the problem.

"Let's go eat somewhere."

I shrugged and continued to follow him. We always walked in a comfortable silence, it's just how things were. His presence was just comforting to me. He led us to a little bakery. It wasn't too flashy or anything. Just a small little bakery. Warm, homey. Sweet like honey. He looked over all the flavors before settling on a strawberry marbled cheesecake and left to find a table. I tried to focus on anything but Kacchan, but he's the only thing that filled my mind. My eye caught onto a spice cake, Kacchan would love this! I bought him the cake and hid it in my bag while getting a cinnamon roll for myself. Todoroki was sitting at a table by the window, admiring what was outside and his food as well. I tried to smile but I find myself struggling to be happy with the feeling that Kacchan hates me and probably will never talk to me again.