SEVEN.

"I need to tell you something," Julian said once he had picked up Melanie, and she released her belt.

"Are you going to break up with me here? In your car, on the airport's parking lot?" she asked very seriously, and Julian instantly felt guilty.

"What?"

Melanie smiled.

"I know that you are going to break up with me. But go on, tell me what you wanted to tell me, I'm listening."

Julian took a big inspiration.

"I'm sorry, Melanie. I kissed a boy the other day. I told Presnel, and he said that I had to tell you and he's right because it's cheating and l didn't want to do that and I was completely sober and--"

"The guy you kissed wasn't Presnel?" she frowned. "But why?"

Julian frowned as well, and Melanie smiled when she saw his face.

"You guys are always with each other since you signed here. Apparently, everyone noticed but you two. Actually, maybe Presnel knows. I noticed too but I thought that maybe it was just in my head, that he was just your best friend."

Julian bit his lip.

"I'm sorry, really. You don't deserve that."

"Don't worry about me," Melanie shrugged. "However, I paid my plain tickets, so...can I stay?"

"Yes, of course," Julian nodded. "Tomorrow is the PSG Foundation's gala if you still want to come."

"My last appearance as a WAG, I like that," she smiled.

Julian started to drive, and even though he thought that the atmosphere would be awkward, they talked like old friends. That's what Julian wanted them to become, anyway. He knew Melanie for years. It was weird to imagine his life without her. But now, he was sure that he didn't have feelings for her anymore at all.