1

Mark, Renjun, Jeno, Haechan, Jaemin, Chenle, and Jisung are your regular group of friends. Mark's just your friendly neigborhood boy who is doing his best in his first year of college. Renjun is the top scoring senior who's preparing for his finals. Jeno is the popular basketball champion that girls swoon over. Haechan, opposite from Renjun, doesn't eve think about his exams and is just the laid-back, chill personality. Jaemin is a part of the dynamic duo along with Jeno who are popular among the girls. Chenle is the super loud troublemaker whose dolphin scream could be heard from one end to the other of the corridor. And Jisung is the new freshman. This small gang goes by the name 'The Dreamies'

The Dreamies live in a dorm near school. Why? Some because their houses are far away, others cause they just like it there. They also live with other students, mostly being college students and some others who just live there. They call the dorms 'NCT'. Lee Taeyong is the person who takes care of the other residents, that's why they call him mama Taeyong.

Saturdays are the usual days when The Dreamies hang by the lake near the dorms. They found this lake a few weeks after Jisung moved in. It has become their secret hangout point. Well, not so secret if you count in the times the others stop by.

It was a normal Saturday like any other else. As expected, The Dreamies were hanging in their "secret" place. It was peaceful until Chenle opened his mouth.

Chenle: "Yo guys!"

Mark: "Yeah, what's up?"

Chenle: "You know I heard about this abandoned toy shop down the street."

Haechan: "So?"

Chenle: "So I was thinking we could like-"

Jisung: "Go there? NO WAY AM I GOING THERE!"

Chenle: "Jisung-ah, come on. It will be fun."

Jisung: "Hmmm... alright. I'll give it a try."

Chenle: "Ok, we'll leave at midnight."

Jaemin: "What if Taeyong hyung gets mad?"

Chenle: "He won't notice we're gone." *wink*

Jeno: *checking watch* "Let's get back to the dorms."

The Dreamies headed back to their dorms. When it was bedtime, they pretended to fall asleep until Taeyong heads to his room.

11.55PM, NCT Dream dorm.

Chenle: *whispering* "Jisung-ah, wake up!"

Jisung: "Chenle, what time is it?"

Renjun: "It's almost midnight. Come on, let's go."

The 6 young boys tiptoed out of the dorm and crept into the 127 dorm. Chenle woke Mark up and he put on his coat and followed the rest outside. They were careful not to wake up anyone. Before they left, they stuffed pillows under their blankets to make it look like they were in bed.

It was a quiet night. Even the smallest sound would make you jump. The Dreamies walked on the concrete road. In the distance, they can see the abandoned toyshop. They walked into the shop, not knowing what they will see.

It was like what you'd expect an abandoned toyshop to look like

It was like what you'd expect an abandoned toyshop to look like. The pealing wallpaper and broken toys brought out an eerie vibe. The Dreamies shivered at the feeling

Jisung: "This doesn't seem right."

Chenle: "You worry too much, you know that? Just relax and enjoy."

Jaemin: "I also have a bad feeling about this."

Haechan: "Don't worry... if it's abandoned doesn't mean it's haunted."

From the corner of his eye, Jeno saw something move. It was tall, and black, not human.

Jeno: "WOAH WHAT WAS THAT!?"

Mark turned to where Jeno was looking. Nothing.

Mark: "Probably just the curtains."

Jeno: "No! it was something tall, and it was running..."

Haechan: "You're probably just seeing things. Let's keep moving."

The Dreamies continued to scan the place. Jisung was kicking random things on the ground until he stubbed his toe. Cursing audibly, he picked up the thing that he stubbed his toe on.

Jisung: "Hey, What's this?"

Jaemin: "It's obviously a box

Jaemin: "It's obviously a box."

Chenle swiped the box from Jisung and. shook the box. There was a sound of something rattling inside. Chenle tried to pry it open with all his might. It won't budge.

Chenle: "Ugh, it won't open!"

After several attempts from everyone, they finally gave up and dropped it to where Jisung found it

Mark: "Let's bring it and see what's inside later."

Jisung: "Don't take it! What if it belongs to someone?"

Mark: "Jisung-ah, please... this place has been abandoned for years. No one's going to be looking for it."

Mark picked up the box and stuffed it into his bag. They were about to continue exploring the shop when they heard something.

Jaemin: "W-what was that?"

Yeethaw

The Piece is back and better than ever

This book is an entry in The Fanfic Awards 2019 by Bellarina50