16

Taeyong: "How in the world did this happen?!"

Everyone was gathered in the living room of the NCT dorms, except for Ten and Doyoung, who are still in the hospital, and Johnny and Jaehyun, who are looking over the ones in the hospital.

Yangyang: "I don't know, Hyung. Jisung and I just came in and they weren't there."

Taeil: "I've contacted the police for now. Hopefully, they'll find those two."

'I doubt it.' Taeyong thought.

Hendery: "Now what are we supposed to do?"

Taeyong entwined his fingers together, leaning his chin on top of them.

Taeyong: "All we can do is wait."

The dorms weren't as loud and cheerful as usual. The strange disappearance of Kun and Lucas shook everyone. They feared leaving the dorms, or even their rooms.

Jisung didn't like how it was. He didn't want this to happen. His strange speculations are seemingly possible.

He remembered the box again. He wanted to tell Taeyong, but it was as if a strange force was holding him back from doing so.

Samuel: "It's strange."

The two were seated in the dance studio after almost two hours of practice. Samuel chugged an entire bottle of water before laying down.

"The talent show is in three weeks." He panted.

"Do you think we can do it?"

Jisung: "Of course we can, muel."

A small 'ping' from his phone made Samuel jolt up. He picked up his phone and checked it.

Samuel: "I gotta go now. My brother's picking me up soon."

Jisung furrowed his eyebrows.

Jisung: "I didn't know you have a brother."

Samuel: "Well, it's Coups. I call him my brother."

Jisung nodded understandingly. He accompanied Samuel to the front door and watched him drive off.

"Jisung."

The said person jolted up from the sound behind him. It was Taeil. His usually cheerful face was now replaced by a dark cloud.

Jisung: "Wh-what's the matter, Hyung?"

Taeil has always had a bright and happy persona. But seeing him in this dark and gloomy state intimidated Jisung.

Taeil: "Can I talk to you?"

His voice reduced to a squeak, getting rid of the dark aura that hung around him.

Jisung: "Sure..."

Taeil sat crossed-legged in front of Jisung. He continuously fiddled with the strings of his hoodie.

"I've been wanting to ask you about something. It's been bothering me for a while." Jisung already had a feeling where the conversation was going.

Taeil: "Is it just me or is there something off from the Dreamies?"

Jisung bit his lip. He knows Taeil is a very kind person. If he were to spill about what he's seen he would tell Taeyong.

Jisung: "Y-yeah I kinda felt something is off too. But I don't know."

Taeil closed his eyes, inhaling deeply.

"Please tell me if anything wrong happens, don't keep it to yourself," he said as he squeezed the younger's shoulder.

Just as Taeil got up, they heard yelling from outside.

Honestly idk where this book is going...