13

It was yet, another day at school

It was yet, another day at school. Jisung didn't really feel like talking after everything that just happened. His mind kept recalling the conversation he had yesterday.

Kun: "Finish it?"

Lucas: "Yeah, kinda weird."

Hendery: "The real question is, what is there to finish? Everything seems complete and intact around here."

Yangyang: "What if someone's ordered to do a certain job and finish it?"

Kun: "That... kinda makes sense."

Lucas: "For once you're using that brain of yours."

Yangyang: "Tch, look in a mirror."

Hendery: "But what job? And who? Lucas what did you do?"

Lucas: "I swear I have no idea."

Kun: "it could be a message to someone else sent via Lucas."

The conversation may seem dumb to some people, but it sparked a sense of anxiety in Jisung. His mind trailed to the box with the puzzle. How odd was it that a puzzle like that was in a toy shop.

Come to think of it, there was barely any traces of ageing on that puzzle.

Items, in general, would be dusty and worn out being left for so long. In the puzzle's case, it would probably be mouldy. But the puzzle pieces looked brand new. Maybe the box was airtight? Does that make sense?

Could the message be referring to the puzzle

The thought nagged him throughout the day. He had trouble focusing on the studies. When break time came, he sat at his table, continuously pondering the problem, finding the most logical explanation. Nothing.

A slam on his table woke him up from his train of thought. In front of him was Hwang Hyunjin, one of the most popular seniors in school. His face was frantic

Hyunjin: "P-park J-Jisung."

Jisung: "Hyung? What's the matter?"

Hyunjin: "What's the matter? Na Jaemin is the matter."

Jisung's heart dropped.

Hyunjin: "H-he; he's not like himself."

Jisung: "What do you mean?"

Hyunjin: "First, he didn't even make a sound during class. When I asked him, he didn't say anything. So I forced him, and he insulted me. Han got mad and Jaemin just got even ruder so Felix hit him and..."

Jisung: "And what?"

Hyunjin gulped. His body started shaking.

In a hushed voice, he said, "Jaemin started beating him up."

Jisung's eyes widen. He followed Hyunjin to the place of the incident. And what he saw, was already worse than what he heard.

Jaemin was struggling madly, being held back by Choi Jongho, the strongest student in the entire grade. Felix, who was the victim to his sudden outburst, was being helped up by the twins Xion and Dongmyeong. His face was bloody and bruised.

Jisung scanned the crowd, spotting Jeno, Renjun, and Haechan, who were just standing and watching without any sign of helping or stopping.

Jisung: "Felix Hyung!" Jisung rushed over to Felix. The beaten up boy stared at him in disbelief.

Felix: "J-Jisung, wha–"

Felix passed out. Luckily the twins caught him. Jisung turned to Jaemin. Not only he was held by Jongho. Another student had to help hold him.

Jongho: "H-How is he s-so strong."

Jongho is the strongest kid in his year, even the entire school. But yet he still struggled to hold Jaemin back.

Jisung: "Jaemin Hyung."

Looking into Jaemin's eyes, Jisung searched for any look of guilt, or even sanity. But his eyes only showed anger.

Hi blinked, and Jaemin's eyes were now entirely black. The grunts coming from him were not normal.

It was as if he's... Possessed.

Yeah I'm really forcing my updates here

Yeah I'm really forcing my updates here. Kinda a short chapter.

What do you think is going on? I'm guessing it's kinda predictable

Don't forget to vomment ^^