2

Jaemin: "W-what was that?"

Chenle: "Probably just the wind."

They heard something again. But this time it was a loud boom followed by a girl screaming. But there was no one in the shop.

Jaemin: "O-Okay, s-somethings definitely n-not right."

from the shadows, they heard a hoarse whisper. "Get...Out..."

Haechan: "RUN!!!"

Everyone ran as fast as they could to get out of the shop. They ran all the way back to the dorm. Their pajamas are covered in sweat. They were panting very hard.

At last they made it to the dorm. They quietly crept into their rooms. Mark, who sleeps in the 127 wing had to sleep in the Dreamies dorms because he might wake someone up if he tried to sneak back into the 127 dorms. They went into their dorm only to discover that someone was waiting for them in their room, and he was not happy.

Taeyong: "Where have you been?"

Jisung: "Ah, Taeyong hyung! We were just..."

Mark: "Taking a walk outside!"

Taeyong: At this time? In your pajamas? You all know most of you are  underage, right?"

Mark: "Umm..."

The Dreamies were confused and speechless at this sudden confrontation. They had mental arguments on what excuse can they make. Taeyong eyed them with suspicion. Finally, the answer hit him

Taeyong:  "You went to the abandoned toy shop, didn't you?"

Renjun: "...How did you know, hyung?"

Mama Taeyong's hunch was never wrong.

Taeyong: "Did you--Did you hear a girl screaming?"

The Dreamies were taken aback. How did he know?

Jaemin:  "Y-Yes..."

Taeyong: "Did you see some sort of tall figure run?"

Jeno: "Yes... how did you know?..."

Taeyong's eyes lit up with horror. He couldn't hide his fear and anger once he heard about what they saw.

Taeyong:  "Listen, I don't want any of you to go back to that shop, OK?"

Haechan: "Why?"

Taeyong: "JUST DON'T, OK?"

Chenle: "...Ok, hyung."

Taeyong: "Good. Now get changed, your pajamas are drenched in sweat. And go back to sleep, I'll wake you up at 6. Mark, you're sleeping here."

The boys just followed Taeyong's orders and changed and went back to sleep. But they did not mention the box they took from the shop. They shared glances of fear and confusion. How did Taeyong know? Has he been there?

Brushing their thought aside, The Dreamies dozed off and it was silent once again

THE NEXT DAY

The boys woke up 1 hour before Taeyong wakes them up. The reason they woke up early, is because they wanted to examine the box they took. Mark pulled the box out of his bag. It still made the same rattling sound from yesterday. Jeno picked up a crowbar he once used for a project and began to pry the box open. After several tries, they finally managed to open the box. Inside the box were puzzle pieces.

Jaemin: "Puzzle pieces?  Isn't that a little strange?"

Jeno: "Considering it's from a toy shop, then no."

Renjun: "Maybe we should try putting it together."

Haechan: "Of course we should, it's a puzzle."

They tried to assemble the puzzle. Horror struck them after seeing the words imprinted on it.

Jisung: "D-Death?"

Jisung: "D-Death?"

It was dead silence. They couldn't believe what they're seeing. What kind of toy shop would sell that kind of puzzle?!

Mark: "Hey, there's a piece missing."

Chenle: "Where is it?"

They searched everywhere. Mark's bag, under the table, inside the box, even under the beds. But the piece was nowhere to be found.

Renjun: "Well, this means it's back at the shop."

Jaemin: "Well there's no way we're going back there, Taeyong hyung told us not to go there again."

Chenle: "Well I guess we should just put it back into the box."

Chenle unassembled the puzzle and dumped it back into the box. After carefully putting the box under Renjun's bed bed, they climbed back into bed before Taeyong wakes them up.

10 minutes later, it wasn't Taeyong who came to wake them up.