Who are you? (chapter 3)

She woke up in an unfamiliar bed, groaning she tried to take a breath, she hissed in pain. At the sound of her awakening, a hand griped hers. She tried to open her eyes but it was too difficult. "Shhh, Feyre darling. Rest." She knew that voice, that smooth, silky voice. "Rhys?" she croaked. She felt him stiffen at the nickname. "Yes, darling, it's me." He said soothingly "Now rest." She nodded meekly and let sleep whisk her away.

When she awoke again she could hear two voices arguing quietly. "No, I'm not telling you!" A voice whispered harshly, she recognized that voice, but she was unsure of the owner. "Please, I have a right to know why she has bruises on her neck and is currently unconscious on my bed." That voice was Rhysand's, so it was his bed she was in. It was just so comfortable she couldn't help but snuggly in further to the citrus smelling pillow. "No" The familiar voice said, "When she wakes she will tell you as much as she wants to disclose" She suddenly remembered that voice, it was Lucien's. In her shock she gasped.

Silence.

"Feyre?" "Fey?" They both asked hesitantly. Not wanting to wake her. "Rhys?" She breathed. "Yes Feyre, darling?" She heard Lucien suck in a breath at the pet name Rhys had called her. "Water" she managed to mutter. Both of the men moved to get the water but Lucien was closer so managed to grab it first. "Fey, you're going to have to sit up a little" Lucien whispers in her ear. Shivers run down her spine as she nods her head. Still with closed eyes she manages to sit up enough to drink from the glass of water. "Do you think you can open your eyes now?" Rhys whispered in her other ear. Earning yet another shiver to run down her spine. Opening her eyes slowly, she is met with an adorable sight. Rhys and Lucien with a worried expression etched onto they're faces both bending down to be at eyelevel on either side of the bed. "Hi" she whispered.

"Hello" Lucien whispered back. Turning her head to look more directly into his eyes "I'm sorry" Lucien looked shocked at her apology. "What?" He sounded honestly shocked "I'm sorry" Feyre repeated with tears lining her eyes. "No don't apologies" he said with a voice husky with emotion "Never apologies for him" He spat the word him as if it was poison. "Wait! What?!" Rhys exclaimed "Tamlin did this to you?" He seethed, his voice eerily quiet. Standing up, Rhys ran a hand through his hair, from the disheveled state it was in he must have been doing that a lot. "Can I tell him what happened?" Lucien asks. Feyre's heart swells at this, nodding her head in permission, her voice too weak to form a full sentence.

After Lucien had finished explaining to Rhys what had happened, both of them were pacing back and forth at the foot of the queen-sized bed. "Please don't tell anyone" Feyre breaks the silence. A harsh chuckle slips out of Lucien's lips. "Right, of course" he sneers, Rhys starring at him in disbelief "I'm the bad guy, I get it." He says walking out and slamming the door behind him. She stares at the door for a while before her eyes slid to Rhys, who was already looking at her. With silver brimming in her eyes, she gulps before opening her mouth to talk. "You don't have to explain" Rhys interrupts. "He isn't angry at you. It's me. We don't have the best..."Pausing to find the best word he finally says "Past." Rolling her eyes, she sighed frustrated. "You have no place to comment on why or why not he stormed out of the room." Her demeanor changing so quickly she shocked herself. "I don't care about his past. I don't care about him. I don't care about you." Once again her mask falls into place, a mask that would fit her sister, Nesta, so much better. "Well if that is the case. Get out of my bed." He said without looking at her. She stands up, brushing out the creases in her trousers. "Gladly"

Storming out of the apartment she realizes she has no idea where she is. She looks up and down the street a few times trying to search for something she recognizes. When she doesn't find anything she sighs in defeat and starts to walk in a random direction hoping to come across something or someone she knows. After a few minutes of walking she suddenly realizes something. 'You idiot Feyre! Use your bloody phone. It's the 21stcentury' Feeling in her pockets she realizes that it must still be in Rhys apartment. Cursing to herself she turns around. The short walk back to his apartment was agony. 'Is my phone really worth it?' She thought but decided that yes, yes it was. There was no way she would be able to afford a new phone. Considering there was no doubt in her mind that she no longer had a job.