Nightmares in sleep but dreams in reality (Chapter 8 )

She had changed into Lucien's shirt that went down to her mid thigh and gotten into the bed. It had crisp white sheets and a wall of bookshelves sat opposite her. Curling up into a ball, hugging the duvet close she thought about the day's events. So much had happened, it went from being one of the worst days in the past year to one of the best. She was free. He couldn't control her. So why didn't she feel free? She just felt lost. She began to silently sob. Crying herself to sleep, she slowly drifted into unconsciousness.

Tamlin burst through the door. Looking around she didn't know where she was. Slowly approaching her, claws appeared at Tamlins hands. "You honestly thought you could leave me?" He laughed sadistically. "You will never leave me. You belong to me. You can't escape." He was right in front of where she sat on the cold floor. Digging one of his mysterious claws along her face, he drew blood. She cringed at the pain, but refused to make a sound, she wouldn't let him have the satisfaction. "Say it" He growled. "Say you belong to me. Me and no one else. Not Rhysand not Lucien. Me" He dug another claw into her face, the other cheek this time. "Never" she spat. "I'll just have to mark you as mine then" He smiled, one that was full of pure evil. Grabbing her arm, a knife mysteriously appeared in his hand. He started to carve a word into her arm. A 'T' appeared in her skin. It was pure agony, yet she still refused to scream, biting her lip to keep it in. Next was an "A" that was slowly carved into her fragile arm. She couldn't help the whimper that escaped her lips. 'M' was the next letter than appeared, this time she couldn't hold her scream anymore. Screaming she glared into Tamlin's eyes. She would show how much she hated him as screams tore out of her throat. She screamed and screamed on the cold floor of a mysterious room whilst Tamlin carved his name into her arm.

"FEYRE!" She woke up in a panic; she quickly looked down at her arm. After the realization that it was a dream, she looked around and noticed that both Lucien and Rhys were, yet again, at the end of the bed starring down at her. "I-I had a nightmare. I'm sorry I woke you both." Lucien perched on the end of the bed. "What did you dream about?" He asks, worry painting his face. Though he knew whoshe was dreaming about. "He was carving his name into...into-" She buried her face in her hands, letting fresh tears trail down her red cheeks. "I'm sorry." He said standing and coming round to sit next to where she was on the bed. "I'm sorry." He repeated putting an arm around her waist pulling her into his side, so he could hug her. She buried her face in his chest. She hadn't realized that he wasn't wearing a shirt till her cheek came into contact with his bare skin. He was muscular, not as broad as Rhys but lean. Built for running rather than the fighting build Rhys had. Thinking of Rhys, Feyre lifts her head and notices him still standing there awkwardly. For how cocky he portrays himself to be, he was a rather uncertain person. She could tell by the pained expression on his face and his tight grip on the bed sheet, that he wanted to comfort her but didn't know if he should. Trying to show what she wanted, she unwrapped an arm from around Lucien's neck and reached out to Rhys. At that he rushed forward and sat on the other side of her. Rubbing soothing circles onto her back, he whispered. "Where did he do it?" She showed him her arm "My arm." Rhys leant down and kissed it. "Nothing there. He didn't do it." Feyre nodded. Turning to look at Lucien "Can you stay?" She turns to Rhys who was still holding her arm gently. Looking into both of their eyes. "Please." She whispers. They exchange a look and then both nod. "Try to sleep Feyre darling." Rhys says guiding her to lie down, him and Lucien doing the same. She was lying in between the two of them, both of them not touching her. She sighed, wanting the warmth that emitted form both of them, she wrapped her arms around Lucien. Reaching her arm back she grabbed Rhys' arm and wrapped it around her waist. Both of them went stiff. "I'm cold." She said nuzzling her head into the pillow and closing her eyes. Rhys relaxed, pulling her closer and putting an arm on Lucien's hip, testing if it was okay. After a few seconds she felt Lucien begin to relax. He took ahold of Feyre's hand and pressed it to his chest, whilst he laid his other hand on Rhys', entwining their fingers.