No Time To Lose (P19)

(Dippers POV)

"Where am I..?" I stood up- wait- I can stand up again? And speak!? Haha- No, this isn't a happy moment what am I doing? Okay, okay. I can stand again. I can talk again. This must have been of Bill's doing. "oh that bastard..." I muttered under my breath. The room was completely black. "Agh!!" A bright light hit my face, after my eyes adjusted to the light, I squinted a bit then looked around, the room was no longer completely black. Ahead of me was a panel, no, a whole row of panels. Row after row. I sighed. "What's this then..?" I took a step towards it, then a ticking sound activated. "Hm!?" I looked up in curiosity and no surprise, thats where the sound was coming from alright. On the ceiling was some type of holographic timer. It was counting down from fourty (minutes.) Oh right, I suppose this is the game? And I have fourty minutes for each round... but then, what happens if I take longer... Oh boy, here goes I suppose.

(Mabels POV)

I was sat looking out at the lava below when I heard it. The ticking sound. I looked over at where I had originally seen the timer. It had been started. "Come on Dipper, you got this." I said, bringing a faint smile to my pale face, I had tried to drown the doubt that dip'n'dots would lose but, I feel like something just isn't going to go right... is it unfair play? No. Will I die? Hm, couldn't be. Will Dipper die? No no. Uhm...

(Dippers POV)

I approached the tiles carefully and inspected them. One flashed, then another, then another after another and so on. They had shown a sequence. I shut my eyes and repeated how it had came across to me until I took a step onto the first one. Correct, thank god. I did a few more, all correct to my relief, when I remembered something. I went to pull my backpack off my back when I realised it wasn't there, it must have been pulled off when Mabel and I escaped Bill earlier. It had probably been burnt in the fire by now. When the bus crashed it had caught fire. Ugh my journal was in that bag, the journal that I wrote. Gr, I swear I even had a page or two about gravity tiles. This sucks.

When I looked back up from my thought I only just realised I had made a massive mistake. I couldn't remember the pattern. "Fuck." I cursed at myself. I flinched at the idea of guessing but, here goes. I scanned the room for any options when an idea hit me. "Ah!" I slipped my trainer off and chucked it at a random tile and do my luck, it was correct! I jumped over to it. With only three minutes left I managed to complete the task, losing a shoe in the progress but hey, I made it, and alive!

I put my hand to the little scanner-like object that scanned my hand and the doors opened. "Hm, cool." I entered and was greeted by a familiar voice, Ciphers voice. It spoke, "Oh, my dear Pinetree, your smarter than first thought I see, but next round will be better, this is getting pretty fun for me. Among the next course, restless monsters lye, so be sure you don't lack behind." And with that, the room lit up for me to see.