The Start of a Resistance

I blinked at him, stupidly. "Wait, DAD?!?!?!?!?"

The Ghosts around us chuckled, like this was some comedy show they were watching, while my Dad smiled. "Yes, it's me."

"Wha-? How-? When-?"

"It happened three full years before you were born, son. Your mother was in charge of the military's dispatches, and when she made the decision to send in 50 Black Ops units, she watched as we were thinned out. She would have totally broken down if the 16 that survived didn't. Lucky for us, we did. When we came back to base covered in blood and dust, everyone immediately said 'Ghosts'. Your mom was ecstatic to see us back at base and began to apologize for the bad intel and other nonsense, but being the commander I was, I quieted her, stating that they were better equipped. Simple as that. Day later, Ghosts become official and your Mom was assigned to us as our handler."

I held up a hand. "Waitwaitwaitwait. Mom was a Ghost, too?"

Dad shook his head. "No, she wasn't. She simply told us what we needed to know for an op. Anyways, for a month, us Ghosts made a solid name for ourselves as being ruthless killers and stealth experts. Then, disaster struck. While we were hanging out at base, we were hit. Most didn't survive, but they captured us Ghosts and our commanders. They killed the commanders one by one when they realized they can't be broken, and so it was just us Ghosts and our handler."

We had sat down around a fire to listen to my dad's tale. "How'd you escape?" Even Hau was so mystified, he had stopped eating his malasada!!!!!!

Dad smiled, then pulled out... a slingshot made from a cap? "With this. I made it while confined to my cell. When they gave us bottles of water, I kept them and slowly made this slingshot. Don't really remember how I got the ballon, but with this, I was able to kill the guard with a rock and take his key. My fellow Ghosts, who have since given up military life, made a move to leave without your mom, Sun, but I unlocked her cell, too. They gave me several snickers, but I managed to hut them up. Once we were free, us Ghosts demolished that base, leaving only us alive. Month later, I met the Ghosts you see here today and Joker here kept hinting at me getting up with your mom. Eventually, I caved in and we went on a date."

Lillie stared at my dad. "Wow! So that's how you met Sun's Mother!"

He chuckled. "Yes, it is. Now then, is it just you four, or are there more people here?"

I got up. "Yes, there is. Three adults and one of them is an Aura Guardian."

Dad nodded. "Thank you, son. That is very important to know. Take care."

Gladion took a step forwards, procuring six Pokeballs. "Here."

My dad smiled, then took them. "Thanks. Very helpful."

Gladion simply nodded, then sat back down. "You going to spin the bottle or what?"

That snapped me out of my trance. "Huh? Right."

We sat down and I spun the bottle. It landed on Hau and he smiled. "Truth."

I smiled. "Have you watched RWBY?"

"Huh? What's that?"

I frowned. "Take that as a no."

Hau spun it and it somehow landed back on me. "Truth, I guess."

Hau and Gladion looked at each other. What are you two th-?

"Are you dating Lillie?" Her cheeks were colored rosy pink in an instant, as did mine.

Aw, crud. I sighed. "Yeah.........."

Gladion's eyes shot open, full of surprise. "Then were you two-?"

Lillie buried her face in my shoulder and I knew that behind me, several Ghosts were watching this game unfold. The one thing on my mind was What will Mom and Dad think of this?

Gladion face-palmed and I turned away from them, embarrassed. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw my dad looking at me with an incredulous expression and he was in the middle of talking to Riley. Aw, crap.

Dad walked over and looked down at me. "Did I hear that correctly? You're dating someone?"

I chuckled nervously and Lil simply nodded.

Dad shook his head, smiling. "Kids these days..."

I gulped. "Uh, isn't there something else you should be doing?"

Dad rolled his eyes and walked away, letting me sigh. We ended the Truth-or-Dare game there and then and looking at Lillie, I realized she fell asleep in my lap. Chuckling, I picked her up and carried her into a house with a comfortable bed inside. Setting her down, I left to change into pajamas and when I came back out, I saw her slowly getting up.

"Huh? Oh, hi Sun. I was just about to change..."

I smiled, then gave her a quick peck. "Well then, get changed quick. It'll be lonly without you in bed."

She rolled her eyes then walked into the bathroom. I sat down on the bed and watched as she came out with wet golden hair and a nightgown lazily on her slim body. Lillie laid down next to me and I pulled the covers over us, enjoying her warmth.

She snuzzled closer to me. "I love you, Sun."

I smiled and wrapped her gently in my arms, smelling a faint wiff of strawberry from her recent shower. "I love you, too."

We kissed, electricity coursing through our lips. My thoughts didn't drift.