Chapter 13: False Claims

You ran into the kitchen once you heard Tony's yells. You looked around and saw him on the ground. You knelt beside him.

"Tony." You said and he looked up at you. He was trembling and his breathing was hoarse. His eyes were red and he had tears coming down his cheeks.

He seemed so vulnerable, and scared.

"Tony, are you ok?" You asked worriedly and Tony shook his head.

"Get away from me. I don't wanna hurt you." He said and you stared at him.

"Tony, you're ok." You said and pulled him into your embrace. Tony tried to push away, telling you he was a monster.

But he gave in and sobbed into your shoulder. You've never heard him cry this hard. He was shaking violently.

He finally looked up at you, his eyes red.

"Y/N. Am I a Monster?" He asked and you shook your head.

"Tony your not a monster. Who told you that?" Tony pointed to his phone and you picked it up.

You put into your ear and stood up.

"Hello?" You said and you didn't hear anything for a while.

"I guess he didn't like being told the truth, did he?" The voice asked and you felt like you heard it before.

"Who the hell are you?" You asked harshly and you quickly glanced at Tony who was trying to control his breathing.

"Oh. You don't remember me? Shame. Would've been good to see you again." The voice said and you narrowed your eyes.

The line hung up and you threw the phone to the ground. You helped Tony up and lead him into the master bedroom.

You sat him onto the bed.

"Tony what did they say?" You asked and Tony shook his head, he was still crying silently but he wasn't shaking anymore.

"Tony. You have to tell me in order for me to know who it is." You begged and Tony didn't speak.

You sighed and intertwined your hand with his. He squeezed your hand tightly and he gulped.

"Ms. Parker." Jarvis said and you smiled.

"Yes Jarvis."

"Peter is waiting for you downstairs." He said.

"Thanks Jarvis." You replied and put some better clothes on. You kissed Tony's forehead and left the room.

"Be right back." You said and Tony nodded.

You walked into the elevator and went to level 1. Peter was waiting in the lobby by himself. He smiled when he saw you.

"Hey." He said and you smiled at him. He hugged you and you hugged back.

"I missed you." Peter said pouting. You chuckled and ruffled his hair.

"I've been gone for a day. And besides. Maybe I can have a sleepover some time." You said and Peter nodded happily.

"That would be great!" He yelled. Then he looked around you and behind you. You furrowed your brows together.

"What are you looking for?" You asked and Peter brought his attention back to you.

"Where's Mr. Stark?" He asked looking around.

"About that, Peter. He might no-."

"Never mind. There He is." He said and you turned around to see Tony in a suit. He looked like he never broke down which happened a couple minutes ago.

He smiled at Peter and you.

"Hey Parker." He said and Peter smiled.

"Mr. Stark." Peter replied and stuffed his hands into his jeans. You were staring at Tony in awe.

"How the fu-,"

"So what brings you here, Peter?" Tony asked and you rolled your eyes. Peter smiled and looked at his shoes.

"I was just wondering, if you would maybe. Upgrade my suit." He said and Tony smiled at the boy.

"Of course Pete. Bring it over tomorrow and I'll take a look at it." He said and Peter's eyes widen with excitement.

"You got it Mister Stark."

"Why's he so calm. Didn't he figure out that I was screwing you yesterday?" You asked and Tony rolled his eyes.

"I try not to think about that." Peter said and walked away.

"Wow, what a transformation." You said and looked him up and down. Tony scoffed.

"So are we not going to talk about what happened?" You asked and Tony bit his lower lip.

"Yeah, we should." He said and you nodded. He took your hand in his and led you to his office. Which was on another floor.

He pulled you into the office and shut the door behind you.

"So?" You asked.

"They talked about. Afghanistan and the wormhole in New York. A-a-and...." Tony trailed off. He seemed really shaken about it.

"About how I'm a monster. I tore the avengers apart. How I don't deserve you. How I would hurt you and destroy you. That it was my fault everyone I love is dead." Tony said silently.

As you took all this in you comforted Tony. Then realization hit You. Someone knew all these facts about Tony.

A bad guy could have easily found out about Afghanistan or the wormhole in New York.

But,

Someone knew about him having anxiety. Someone knew about your and his relationship. Someone knew about the Civil War. The truth about his parents dying.

"Oh god." You mumbled. Tony looked up at you.

"What?" He asked and you looked at him.

"The person who called you. It's someone from the team."

Damn. This is going to be hard. I don't know who should be the person who told Tony those bad things.

I have an idea but I feel like it wouldn't be Steve or Bucky. Or anyone for that matter.

But let's see how this plays out.

😏