Chapter 18: The Truth

Tony stood speechless by your side. Steve left the room so you and Tony could speak. You turn to face Tony and glare at him.

"You are a fucking asshole!" You sneer and he looks at you.

"Y/N I'm so sorry. Y/N, you have to understand. It meant nothing to me." Tony said and your gaze softened.

"Really?" You asked. Tony nodded and you sighed.

"Ok I forgive you." You said and he gulped.

"Really?" He asked and a grin formed onto his lips.

"NO TONY!" You said and he jolted. You felt tears coming down your cheeks. You tried to wipe them away quickly.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry!" Tony begged and tried to grasp your hand. You pulled away and avoided his gaze.

"I can't believe you!" You said and he shamefully looked away.

"I don't know what I was doing. I was insanely drunk and I shouldn't have done it. Please give me another chance. I'm not like that reckless Playboy I used to be."

"Once a Playboy, always a Playboy." You said and his eyes start to water. Tony felt his heart break and he mumbled a curse.

You started to walk out the office and leave.

"Y/N, I swear, I won't do it again!" Tony said, trying to catch up with you.

"It won't Tony. Because I'm breaking up with you." You said and left the room. Tony stared wide eyed at the door.

"No." He whispered to himself and growled in annoyance. Tony went to his desk and sank into his seat. He let the tears run down his cheeks as he cried softly.

He tried calling you and texting you numerous times. He kept getting no answers back. He heard a knock on the door. He looked up to see Pepper with Rhodey.

They both looked extremely pissed. Tony awkwardly waved at them.

"Hey guys." He croaked and forced a smile. Rhodey sighed and Pepper glared at him.

"You really fucked up now, Tony."

———

You decided you were going to go back to the facility later on to pick your stuff up. You thought about heading to Aunt May's house, but you were crying harder and you didn't want Peter to see you like this.

He would go into over protective brother mode. You drove to the one place that you knew would help.

You parked the car and sniffled as you knocked onto the door. The door opened revealing your best friend in all red and black clad. Without his mask, as he ate a taco.

"Y/N are you ok?" Wade asked worriedly and brought you inside. You shook your head and sat onto his couch.

"Wade, Tony cheated on me the day he asked me to move in with him." You said and Wade scowled.

Wade wrapped his arms closer around you as you cried harder. He rubbed your back soothingly and kissed your forehead.

"Everything is going to be ok. I promise." He said and you hugged him tighter. Wade was never the comforting type of person.

But when it came to you, he'd do anything. He felt heartbroken at your current state.

"I have a extra room you can use." He said and broke the hug. He cupped your cheek and smiled softly. He wiped away your tears with his gloved thumb.

"Thanks Wade." You said and he nodded.

"Can you get my stuff from the tower? I don't wanna face him right now." You said and Wade nodded.