I Do

“John, I have someone I want you to meet.” Sherlock went into the apartment he shared with John Watson while I waited outside the door. I was a little nervous to be meeting John, Sherlock’s best friend.

“Is it a client?” He asked, a hint of interest in his voice.

“No. Better.” Sherlock replied. I smiled. Solving crimes was his favorite activity. I liked that he thought I was better than solving crimes.

“Well, where are they?” John said, not even bothering to hide the excitement in his voice. He must have known too that there was almost nothing Sherlock liked than solving crimes.

“Elizabeth! You can come in now.” Sherlock walked over to the door and took my hand, leading me into the sitting room of 221b Baker Street. John stood up when I entered, clearly surprised at the fact that we were holding hands. I blushed, knowing that Sherlock hadn’t really had a real girlfriend. Ever.

“John, this is Elizabeth. Elizabeth, John.”

“Pleasure to meet you.” I said, stretching out my hand to shake his.

“The pleasures all mine, Miss Elizabeth.” He replied, shaking my hand firmly, but gently. Sherlock beamed, glad that we were getting along. Sherlock led me over to the couch and we sat down.  

“Sherlock tells me that you help him with solving mysteries. Sounds like fun.” I said, breaking the awkward silence that had fallen over the three of us.

“Yeah, yeah. It's very invigorating.” He replied, anxious to strike up conversation. Silence. I stood up.

“Would anyone like some tea?” I asked.

A.N: This is my very first fanfic ever, so any critiqing is welcome!!