Chapter 3

“Yes, of course. I’ll be home late John. Tell Mrs. Hudson not to wait up.” We headed down the stairs just as Mrs. Hudson came through the door.

“Oh. Who’s this, Sherlock?” She looked genuinely pleased to see us walking down the stairs together; unlike he would with a client.

“John will explain everything.” He said, taking my hand as we walked out the door and onto the busy streets of London.

“So, John seems nice.” I said, breaking the awkward silence.

“Yes, I think so.”

“Does he help you with cases?”

“Yes.”

“That’s nice. How long have you known each other?”

“Couple of years.”

Quiet. The only noise came from the few taxis bringing people home from work. When we got to the theater, Sherlock went up to the front desk to pick up our tickets while I waited by the bathroom. As we walked into the theater, I noticed a suspicious man watching us. We sat near the back, because Sherlock didn’t want to draw attention to himself.

“Sherlock, sweetie.”

“Yes, Elizabeth?”

“When we were walking in, I noticed a man. He was staring at us real creepy like.”

“Hmm, I didn’t notice.”

About half way through the movie, I started to feel a little nauseous.

“I’m going to pop to the loo real quick. I’ll be back in a mo.” I whispered to Sherlock as I stood up. As I was walking to the bathroom, I noticed the strange man was still standing by the door to the men’s room. When I had finished my business, I decided to freshen up my lipstick, even though it would be dark in the theater and outside. Then I remembered Sherlock telling John that we would be home late. The movie only went until ten. I wondered what he had planned.