Chapter Two

“Yes, please. Thank you, Elizabeth.” John smiled at me as I walked to the kitchen.

While I was waiting for the teapot to heat up, I stood by the door so I could listen to their conversation.

“Well, she seems nice.” John started the conversation rolling.

“She is.” Sherlock replied.

“So, how long have you two been dating?”

“About five months. She was a client. I solved her case, she asked me to dinner.”

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier?”

“I wanted to make sure that she knew what she was getting into before we told anyone.”

“Okay. That makes sense. I’m just confused as to how she got you to go to dinner with her.”

“She… intrigued me with her intellect. She notices things that other people don’t.”

“Wow. That’s a first. And you didn’t even notice her looks? I mean, she’s not bad.”

“I didn’t notice.”

“So, how far are you hoping to go with this relationship?”

Just then, I decided to walk back into the room. I didn’t want to hear his reply. They looked up at me.

“Sherlock, honey, where do you keep the tea?”

“Top shelf, next to the ice box.” He said, never knowing I had heard his conversation with John.

“Thanks, sweetie.” I went back into the kitchen and found the tea right where Sherlock said it would be. I poured the hot water into a cup and brought the tea out into the sitting room.

“We should get going if we are going to make to the theater in time.”