Chapter Six

As I walked out of the doctors’ office, I could barely move. What was I going to tell Sherlock? Should I wait to tell him until I was absolutely positive or tell him now? I decided I would wait until I knew for sure. That way he wouldn’t get over-excited and then be crushed if it turned out I wasn’t pregnant. When I met Sherlock at the café, he asked me how my appointment went.

“Fine, I guess. Just a checkup.”

He seemed content with that answer. When we ordered, I tried to order small so he wouldn’t be suspicious. But as soon as we left, I was hungry again. We went to my apartment this time because I didn’t have a roommate and we could have some privacy. When we arrived at the apartment building, Sherlock stopped me before I could go in.

“I’d like to tell John and Mrs. Hudson about our engagement tonight. What do you think?”

I nodded. That sounded okay with me. We walked in and sat down on the sofa. I turned on the telly, not really watching it. I was hoping that maybe Sherlock would use his brilliant deducing to figure out that I could be pregnant.

“So, I have to go back to the doctors on Monday.” I said, trying not to sound too conspicuous.

“Why? Is something wrong?” He sounded worried.

“No, no. Nothings wrong. Just a recheck, that’s all.”

Relief flooded his face. We went back to watching television for about another hour then around five, we went back to 221B Baker Street to tell Mrs. Hudson and John about the engagement. John was sitting in his chair when we walked in. I stayed in the flat while Sherlock went downstairs to get Mrs. Hudson.