Chapter 16

I woke up in a bright room. Was I in heaven? Wait, when did Della die? If she was here, then how could this be heaven? I was alive. That was the only solution.

“Oh, good. You’re awake. You’ve been through a lot. How are you feeling?”

I groaned and tried to sit up.

“Oh no you don’t. You need to rest. You were poisoned with arsenic.”

The door opened.

“Sherlock! I told you to stay out. She needs to rest.” Della turned around as Sherlock loped towards me.

“Elizabeth! Who was in your flat the day you were poisoned?”

“I told you! She needs rest! She was just poisoned!” Della shooed Sherlock out of the room then turned to me.

“Now, It might be a little hard to sleep on your own, so I’m give you some medicine that make it easier, okay?”

I nodded, then felt the cold sleep medicine flow through my I.V and into my bloodstream. Then a wave of tiredness swept over my entire body. I managed to mumble one last thing before the wave pulled me under.

“Tell… Sherlock…I’m…sorry.”

When I woke up, I was back in my bed at my flat. I sat up, wondering how I got there.

Oh, yeah. I was poisoned. I walked out to the kitchen, where Sherlock was sitting at the table drinking tea. He looked up when I entered.

“Elizabeth! How are you feeling? Can you tell me who poisoned you?”

“I’m fine. I don’t really remember who was in my flat the other day. It’s all kind of a blur.” I lied; not wanting to tell him it was me trying to poison him but messing up. I still had to kill him. But this time I would use a different tactic.

“What day is it today?” I asked, wanting to know how much time I had to finish the job.

“Monday. You’ve been at the hospital for five days.”

Oh man, I thought, I only have two days.

“I better be going then. Just call me if you need anything.”

He then walked out of the door without saying another word. I went out to the kitchen and started making some eggs because I was starving. Suddenly the phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Ms. Cumberbatch, does Kate have a passport?”

Moriarty.