Chapter 8

“Um… how about tomorrow?”
“Sounds good. See you at ten.”
As I hung up the phone for a second time that night, I couldn’t help but feel excited. What if my tests came back positive? Then I could tell Sherlock what all the appointments had been about and we could tell other people the good news. I went to bed giddy that night, wondering what the results would come back as. When I awoke the next morning, I began to follow my usual routine. Shower, breakfast, watch the news. As I was walking out the door, thinking I was going to work, I suddenly remembered. I had a doctor’s appointment. I looked at my watch. 9:30! I’m going to be late! I quickly hailed a cab and hoped that I would make it in time. I got there five minutes after my appointment was supposed to start. The nurse took me into the back; to the same room I was in last time. I sat on the examination table while I waited for the doctor and my pregnancy tests. A few minutes later, I was walking out of the doctor’s office numbly.
I was pregnant.
When I got back to my apartment, I didn’t know what to do. Sherlock was examining a crime scene; I had gotten the day off because of my doctor’s appointment, so all my friends were at work. Finally, I decided to go to a movie. The only good one that I hadn’t seen already was called Diving Deep. It was about a girl who falls in love with a criminal. During the movie, I started to feel a little nauseous so I left. I headed back to my flat to rest for a bit. I must have fallen asleep because next thing I know, the buzzer downstairs was going off. I raced down to answer the door before whoever it was left. It was Sherlock, so I invited him in. We went back upstairs and sat down on the couch.
“How was your day?” He looked at me calmly.
“Fine.” I was waiting for the precise moment to tell him the news.
We sat in silence for a while. I decided that now was as good a time as ever.
“I need to tell you something.” We both spoke at the same time.
“You first.” He said, smiling.
I took a deep breath.
“I’m pregnant.” I said quickly, not wanting to make the words last longer than they had to.
He stares at the floor, not even seeming to blink.
“Sherlock? Honey, what were you going to tell me?”
He laughed nervously.
“Um… I think we should, um… see other people.”

A.N: This chapter is longer than the others only for the sake that I needed to have it longer in order to get everything in that needed to be in this chapter.