Chaper 12

I tried screaming, but I could feel my conciousness slipping.

“I want you to do exactly as I say, okay? You are going shut up, and not wake the baby. Understand?”

All of a sudden, I felt the hard wooden floor against my cheek and the last thing I saw was a man, in a suit, standing above me smiling. Then, I slipped into darkness.

When I woke up, I was handcuffed to a bench in the back if a van. My kidnapper was sitting across from me.

“Oh, good. You’re awake. So, I’m allowing you one phone call. You can let them know that you’re safe and all that.”

He handed me a phone and un-cuffed me. I took the phone, not even thinking twice about whom to call.

“Hello?”

“Sherlock, it’s me.”

“Elizabeth? Are you okay? What’s going on?”

“I’ve been kidnapped. I don’t know who it is.”

“What? Are you okay?”

“Yes, I’m fine. But I need you to do something for me.”

“Of course. Anything you need.”

“I need you to go to my apartment and take care of Kate. I don’t now how long she’s been alone.”

“Kate? Did you get a dog?”

“No, Sherlock. She’s your daughter.”

All of a sudden, I felt the phone being ripped from my hand. The man had taken the phone and was now yelling into it.

“I told you not to do this! You knew I would do this! I told you!”

He paused his rant, listening to Sherlock on the other end of the line.

“I don’t care! You know what I have to do know?”

He lowered his voice.

“Yes, so you better stay away from ‘Kate’ or I will burn the heart out of you.”

It was then that I realized what they were talking about. I lunged at the man.

“You stay away from my baby! I will kill you!”

I managed to scratch up his face before he threw me back against the side of the van, knocking the breath out of me. I could hear yelling on the other end of the cell phone.

“No, you know I wouldn’t do that. Now, you can look for me, but you will NEVER find me.”