Chapter 5

When I got home that night, I couldn’t help from smiling, even though Sherlock told me to keep the engagement a secret until we could make an official announcement.

As I got dressed for bed that night, I noticed a letter on my side table. It was from my doctors’ office. I had an appointment in the morning. I texted Sherlock, telling him that I would meet him at the café for lunch tomorrow. As I rode to the doctors the next morning, I suddenly felt extremely hungry. I decided it could wait till after the appointment was done. When the taxi dropped me off, I checked in and almost immediately, the nurse called me into the examination room. The doctor came in and gave me a routine checkup. Then he called the nurse back in and she gave me a few tests I was unfamiliar with. Then they left and didn’t come back for another ten minutes. When they did, the doctor had a huge smile on his face.

“Elizabeth, seems like we have some good news.”

Oh, joy! Maybe my asthma had gone away!

"You're pregnant! Congradulations!"

 Pregnant?!?! Pregnant?!?! When did this happen? Why didn’t I know?

 “Seems as if you have been for the past two months.”

Oh. Looks like the doctor is also physic because he read my mind.

“Now, you’ll have to come back in a couple of weeks just so we can make sure. We want to be positive.”