4

The sound of playful yelling woke Midoriya up. He couldn't tell who it was, and he honestly didn't care. He rolled over, lookingat his phone. It was 4:07. Well, everyone should be back in the dorms right about now.

He got out of bed for the third time today. He walked over to his bathroomm. The shards of broken mirror and blood droplets covered the floor. He closed the door, wincing.

He pulled up his Plus Ultra! sweatshirt sleeve to check on his bandages. In a few spots you could see that the blood seeped through, but it wasn't dire. He pulled the sleeve back down, sighing. He liked the way it felt to have his own little secret, one that no one else knew about. He zoned out and slid down the wall, sitting on the floor.

After several minutes, Midoriya's thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door, followed by a soft "Hey, can I come in?"

"Uh...yeah sure..." he said, not bothering to get up.

The door opened to reveal Todoroki, of all people. The one he snapped at. Oh God.

"It's so dark..." he muttered and turned on the light. I winced at the sudden brightness. Todoroki closed the door behind him. "Where you on the floor?" Todoroki asked. Midoriya looked down at his feet, not answering.

Todoroki sat down a few feet in front of Midoriya, feeling lost. "I-I just wanted to see how you were feeling...Recovery Girl said you were feeling pretty bad..." Todoroki said.

Midoriya looked up "You talked to Recovery Girl?" he asked. Todoroki looked embarrassed but nodded. "I was worried..." he stated.

Midoriya smiled. "I'm doing better now..." he said, lying. He didn't want Todoroki to feel worried. "I'll be back to class tomorrow, and it'll all be good." He said.

Todoroki smiled back. "That's really good to hear...I'll tell the others, too. They're all worried too but I'm sure you don't want every class A student in your dorm room." he said.

"Thanks, Todoroki..." Midoriya said, truly grateful. Todoroki nodded, getting up and leaving, satisfied that Midoriya was feeling better.

Little did he know that Midoriya was getting worse faster than anyone would've imagined...

IMPORTANT: do you like first person or third person POV better? I'm thinking of switching back to first person because this seems a little confusing. What do you think?