N° 8: Married to an idol (part 1)

Y/N Pov
And here I am, finally arrived in Tokyo. It's been 4 years since I've started to chat with a boy, Yuta, of whom I am now madly in love. And for him I went against the opinion of everyone, especially that of my parents, and I came with my cousin Melody to Japan to meet him and know him in person.

Daniel Pov
Me and the other Wanna One's members are here in Tokyo, in one of the many parks of the city, to do our last photo shoot, for our latest comeback: the one that will sanction the disbandment of the group.

"Guys, come here for a moment and give me your full attention" manager Kim shouted, forcing us to stop what we were doing to gather around him and listen to his announcement. From the tone of his voice, it must really be something important. "I wanted to inform you that the release of your last single 'Forever yours' has been postponed. Instead of being released on December 25th as a Christmas present for your fans, you will release it on the 31st because, after endless meetings, it has been decided that Wanna One will continue their activity as a group".

After this announcement, we were looking at each other, incredulous, continuing to frantically slam our eyelids. Well, we were happy for the news, it was what we hoped for and what we wanted, but certainly we didn't believe that our wish could come true: to be honest, we had already surrendered to the evidence.

"But... the president has in mind an idea to be implemented absolutely. To make you get more fame, even internationally" continued manager Kim "and to make this plan work, we need your full support Daniel"

"Me?" I said incredulously. What could I do to be able to make my group earn even more media attention, because after all we are talking about this.

After a moment of hesitation, the manager started talking again "it's all very simple, we should find a girl with a fairly disadvantaged life and well, you'll have to marry her. The classic Cinderella-like story. You will have to be her prince"

"And how could it help us? Won't it only get us the opposite result?" said Jisung worriedly. And he wasn't all wrong. If I were really married, a massive loss of fans would have ensued for me, and this would inevitably be passed on to the group.

"Do you want to let me finish talking? The plan doesn't end here. Daniel and the girl will have to become the perfect couple in the public's eye, but privately Daniel will have to treat her very badly, coming to be hated, bringing her to exasperation. Exasperation from which she will escape only by betraying him. After that we will focus all our energies on the pity that Daniel will make in the eyes of the world and on the strength that the group has to support each other".

"I don't know what Daniel will say, but to me this plan seems really stupid. We should also think about the feelings of the girl who will be involved" said Sungwoon worried "Manager Kim, you already said that it must be a girl who has suffered some kind of trauma and hardship in her life..."

Sungwoon's speech was abruptly interrupted by manager Kim, who had raised his voice "Boys, or you do like I said or the group will disband on December 31st of this year!"

"Please give us some time to discuss about it among us" said Minhyun, interrupting the silence and trying to be as polite and reasonable as possible. And the moment of discussion between us was granted.

"Daniel, do you feel like doing something like that?" asked Jihoon, his eyes full of apprehension

"After all, you're not that kind of person... a person who would hurt an already unlucky girl without taking in consideration her feelings" said Jaehwan

"You're right... you all are right, but..." I said in a voice broken by indecision that enveloped my heart

"Manager... we have decided that we will do it. We will carry out the plan that you and the president have thought" I said, trying not to let the flicker of my voice leak out: the group should come first of everything. This was what I had promised myself, that we had promised ourselves.