Chapter 1

A 10 year old Keith sat on the dock. It was about 9:30 and he was hiding from his brother to escape his bedtime. He sat on the edge, staring at the reflection of the moon in the water. He wished he could jump in but he never learned how to swim. So he just sat alone in the silence of the ocean.
Out of the corner of his eye, he thought he saw something move in the water. When he looked over he saw nothing, so he just brushed it off. He then heard sloshing from the same direction only closer. He looked again to see nothing.
"Hello?" He said, hoping someone would respond. Silence. He looked down and saw a girl sticking her head out of the water. They both gasped and she immediately went back under.
"Wait! Come back!" He called to her. She slowly poked her head back out of the water and looked at him.
"Hello." She said to him timidly.
"Hi! What are you doing in the water?" He asked. He then saw it rise out of the water. A long green scaly tail.
"Wow! You're a mermaid? Cool!" He exclaimed, "but wait, I thought mermaids only lived with pirates. And aren't they all adults?" She giggled.
"We live anywhere that there is an ocean." She said. "And weren't adults kids too?"
"Oh. I guess so." His face then lit up, "Do you know any hippos?" She started to answer when she was interrupted.
"Keith! What are you doing out here?" He turned his head to see his brother Shiro.
"I was talking to-" he stopped when he saw that she had disappeared.
"Talking to who?" Shiro asked.
"She was just right here!" He sighed.
"Okay Keith. Time for bed." What they didn't see was a little head pop out of the water to get one last glance.

Kidge story, Mermaid auOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara