Chapter 5

the dock.
"So how long do we wanna stay out?" Lance asked.
"As long as we need to. I need to see her again." Keith said. They drove out into the open waters.
"There's the buoy." Lance said. He stopped the boat and anchored it. Okay so I'm looking in the water and you're up here right? Or is it the other way around?" Lance asked.
"Why would it be the other way around?"
"Good point." Lance took off his shirt (yes please) and set the ladder over the edge of the boat.
"Alright now remember while you're up here, count how long I can hold my breath."
"Why does that matter?"
"Cause I wanna know how long I can swim with the mermaids under there." Keith rolled his eyes at that. Lance put some goggles on and jumped into the water and began swimming around looking for them.
Lance popped his head up a few seconds later.
"I think I spotted something." Keith said.
"Really! What?" Lance said.
"You looking ridiculous in those goggles."
"Haha that's so funny Keith."

"So they are clearly looking for us." Katie said to her sister. "So what did we do?"
"Well we could swim away from them whenever we see them come near us to ensure we don't get seen," Allura said, "Or..." she gave her sister a smirk.
"What are you thinking?" Katie said.
"We could have some fun with this." She said to her sister. Katie smiled at her mischievously. They began to swim out of hiding towards him.
"So how are we gonna do this?" Allura whispered.
"Let me try something." Katie replied. She swam up to him and wrapped her tail around his leg. He immediately began squirm around. He looked down to only see her swimming away. He swam to the surface.
"Keith I think I saw one!" He shouted.
"Seriously?" Keith shouted.
"I think I've got an idea." Allura said to her sister. She swam up to him.
"Yeah one was swimming around me and AAHH." Lance yelled and he was pulled under. Allura had pulled him under by his leg and was holding his arms. She pulled him towards her and started to kiss him. His eyes where wide the entire time as she held him in that position. She finally let him go after about 10 seconds. He floated in shock for a few seconds and then went up to get air.
"Was that necessary?" Katie asked.
"Eh, gave him a good shock." Allura replied.
"Let's just go home."

"Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god oh my god oh my god, we're going back." Lance said climbing back into the boat.
"Lance! What the heck happened to you!?" Keith yelled.
"I need to get back home." He said starting the boat.
"Lance, what happened." Lance looked him dead in the eye.
"I don't know."