Chapter 16

Allura walked along the beach holding her shoes. She was getting ready to return to the ocean. She cried knowing she's never see her sister again.
"Allura!" She heard shouted from behind her. She turned to see Lance and Keith running to her.
"What? I'm leaving. Aren't you happy?" She said.
"Someone took Katie!" Keith said.
"What! What happened?" She yelled.
"Three girls pulled Katie into their car. It all happened so fast." He said.
"Wait, what did they look like?"
"I don't know. One of them had a red ponytail, one of them was buff, and one of them had a pixie cut."
"Oh no. This is all Lotor! Those are his bodyguards." She said.
"His bodyguards?" Lance said.
"Lotor's father is head of a huge tech company called Galra tech. He's pretty high class." She said. "This is all my fault! If only hadn't come to the surface so often. None of this would have happened."
"Allura, this isn't your fault. Don't put the blame on yourself. We need to focus on finding Katie." Lance said.
"Keith!" They heard. They turned to see Shiro running towards them.
"Shiro, what are you doing here?" Keith asked.
"The better question is what are YOU doing here. I've been looking at your location. Why we're you at the pier? I thought you were gonna help the girl find her home." Shiro said.
"I just- Arg! Shiro we need your help."
"Not until you give me answers."
"Fine! Katie's a mermaid. And not any mermaid, THE mermaid. She was in the house because she got legs somehow and came to me. And now she's been kidnapped and we need to find her and we need your help."
"Keith. The truth."
"That is the truth!" Lance said.
"Yeah! Katie my sister! And we need to find her!" Allura said.
"Even if you were telling the truth what proof do you have?!" Shiro asked.
"Ugh!" Allura exclaimed. She formed a water ball and threw it at Shiro, soaking him. He stood in shock for a few seconds.
"Okay that works. What do we need to do?"
"We need to go find Lotor. I'm sure he's waiting for me." She said.
"Alright let's do this." Keith said.
"We'll bring you up to speed in the car Shiro." Lance said.
"Yeah I'm gonna need an explanation."

Katie woke up with her head buzzing. She opened her eyes to see where she was. She tried to move but her hands were tied behind her back. She began to struggle and make noise. All the sound she made was slurred because of the cloth tied between her lips.
"I wouldn't try that." She heard. She looked over to see a girl with a red, yellow, and blue ponytail sitting in a chair. "I was the best at knot tying in brownies." Katie's eyes tarted to widen in fear.
"Oh please. I'm not gonna kill you jeez." She got up and walked toward a door. "Hey Lotor! The princes is awake." She yelled out the door.
'Lotor. I've heard that name.' Katie thought.
"Well hello there miss." He said entering the room. He waved for the girl to leave. "Now you're probably wondering why you are here. Well to put it shortly," he got up close to her, "You're sister is a mermaid and she's also my ex girlfriend so clearly, according to the events of today, you must be one too. And well I guess with a fish tail, you make good bait." She began to shake with fear.
"Oh that's not even the best part. The best part is when I have two mermaids up my sleeve, I will never be forgotten and I will be rich forever. So let me thank you now, what's your name?" He asked. He went over and moved the gag.
"I see why Allura dumped you. You're a douche." She sneered.
"Okay. I'm gonna put this back," he said forcing the cloth back into her mouth, "but at least now, we just have to wait. And don't worry about your sister. She'll be with you soon. Your boyfriend however... I hope he's said goodbye to you." He said exiting.
She began to squirm at that line. Trying to break free. So she could warn him. After struggling for a bit, she gave up and began to cry.
'I never should have left.' She thought. 'This is all my fault.'