Chapter 9

'Why am I on the floor?' Keith thought as he woke up in the morning. He opened his eyes and looked up to his bed. 'Oh that's right there's a mermaid in my bed.' He thought. He than shot up and grabbed his phone. He stepped out of his room and called Lance.
"Dude what?" Lance said through the phone, clearly having just woken up.
"She's here Lance! One of the mermaids!" Keith said.
"What?! Which one?" He asked.
"Katie er the green one, but Katie is her name. She just came to my house last night. With. Legs."
"WHAT!! HOW?"
"I don't know!! She came to my house nude and now she's sleeping in my bed."
"Wait, she's naked?" Lance asked.
"Don't get any ideas Lance." Keith replied.
"No Keith I- ugh. Did you dress her?"
"With what?"
"Ugh I'll be right over." Lance hung up the phone. Keith sighed and went back into his room. She was still asleep in his bed. He went over to her. She was so peaceful. She smiled while she slept. He put his hand out to feel her hair. It was surprisingly soft for having been in salt all her life. That's when she began to wake up. She opened her eyes and looked up to see Keith staring at her.
"AAAHH!" She screamed, punching him in the face. "Oh my god. I am so sorry. I just kind of forgot and..."
"Ow." Keith said on the floor.
"Hehe, sorry."
"So, what happened? How are you here?"
"Well I told you. Magic rhyme, legs are mine."
"But that's it?"
"Pretty much yeah." She said. Keith sighed. He got up and sat on the bed with her.
"So you're just, here now?"
"Yup! Unless I do the reversal rhyme, which I'm not gonna say now cause I wanna keep these." She said kicking her legs. Keith smiled. There was then a knock at the window. Keith opened it up to see Lance there.
"Take this." Lance said tossing in a bag.
"What is this?" Keith asked.
"I stole some of my sisters clothing." He said while climbing in the window, "don't worry, she won't notice." Lance looked over at the bed. "Why hello there miss. I heard you were a mermaid. Do tell me though, do they always randomly share saliva with humans?" Katie giggled.
"Well she actually just wanted to shock you. She can be a bit of a troublemaker." She said.
"Ah I see. Well you should probably put these on. They should fit, you look about the same size as her anyway." She started to take off the blanket.
"Woah woah woah wait um just uh hang on a moment there." Keith said. "Okay So Lance and I are gonna hold the blanket up and you're going to put there on behind it. Where we can't see. Got it?"
"Okay!" She said. They held the blanket up and she tried to figure out the dress.
"Why are there so many strappy thingys?" She said. "Okay I think I got it." They pulled the blanket down to see her in a simple green sundress. (^^)
"Wow." Keith said.
"Well did Lance deliver or did he deliver?" Lance said.
"Yeah Lance." Keith said, his eyes not moving from her. She looked down at the ground and twisted her thumbs. Lance looked over at Keith and hit him.
"Quit drooling!"