Chapter 6

"So she pulled you under to make out with you?" Keith said.
"Alright I get it. It's crazy but you saw me getting pulled under!" Lance said. They pulled up to Lance's house. Keith sighed.
"So what now? They're clearly only interested in playing games with us." Lance asked.
"I don't know. Maybe we need to try something else." Keith replied.
"What else can we do?" Keith sighed. He shrugged.
"Alright well see ya later." Lance said hopping out of the car. Keith drove home trying to think of other ways to talk to them. Before he went into his house, he went to his dock out back. He sat down at the edge and sat with his head on his knees looking out at the water.
"What will it take for me to just talk to you?" Keith said to himself.
"You could say hi." A voice next to him said. He jumped back in shock to see the green-tailed mermaid at the edge of the dock. "Aw don't be scared of me." She said to him.
"I'm not scared I'm just, startled." He said clearing his throat. "So um, what's your name?"
"Katie."
"Oh cool. I'm-"
"Keith. I already know." She said.
"H-how?" Have you been stalking me?"
"U-um well stalking is a strong word. I would say watching over you whenever I can." She said going red.
"R-right." He said. They were silent for a minute. They stared into each others eyes.
"So do all humans, other than you and your friend, want to um, dissect us?" She asked cautiously.
"Well I know there are some people who would but don't worry. My friends are normal."
"Oh good."
"So, why me?" Keith asked.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean why do you like me so much?"
"I don't know. I guess it's because when we met, I felt something. Something special. I don't know what it was." She shook her head, "anyway, you should c one in and swim with me!" She said.
"W-what! I uh can't." He said.
"Why not?" She asked tilting her head.
"I uh... I can't swim." He said embarrassed.
"Wait, there are humans who don't swim?"
"Yes. And I'm one of them! And I don't need your judgement!"
"I'm not judging, I'm just, confused." They sat for a second. She then hoisted herself onto the dock to sit with him. She then grabbed his hand.
"Meet me at garrison beach at 8:00 tomorrow morning."
"Why?" He said raising an eyebrow.
"Trust me alright?" She said.
"Okay." He said
"Awesome! See you then." And just as sudden as she came. She was gone. Keith than ran back inside to call Lance. He got out his phone and started to dial him but he hesitated. He wanted to tell him but, he decided against it because he just wanted it to be the two of them. He laid on his bed and sighed.
"I finally know her name." He said to himself. "Katie."