Prologue.

It all started like any other day at Hogwarts school for Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Students milled about in the great hall, oblivious to the otherworldly visitor watching them from high above the tables, hidden by the illusion of a cloudy night sky and thousands of candles.

He sat in the rafters, a huge grin on his face as children from age 11 to 17 milled about.

They were divided by the color of their robes.

Yellow for Hufflepuff. The Loyal Badgers.

Blue for Ravenclaw. The Smart Ravens.

Green for Slytherin. The Cunning Snakes.

And Red for Gryffindor. The Brave Lions.

There was a fifth table. Filled with twenty or so teachers.

There was a half giant usually but he wasn't here right now, The visitor noted, writing down his observations in a glowing notepad. Along with a small man who could have been half Goblin.

The other teachers ranged in Age and sanity bubut it was two that drew his attention.

The first was a short squat woman wearing way to much pink in the visitor’s  (and everyone else's) opinion. She vaguely resembled a toad and had a bow in her hair that was reminiscent of a large fly.

Not all that much threat. He wrote. Just hard to look at.

The second was the one he was more concerned about.

A tall man with a long white beard and half moon spectacles, wearing a purple robe, the aura of power wading off of him was reminiscent of the visitor's own.

But that was to be expected.

He wrote a few more notes, watching carefully for any thing of worth to his master.

Soon they had almost finished eating and the visitor faded from the visible spectrum, floating down to the floor in front of the huge oaken doors.

Slowly, as to not alert any of the students to his presence, he unhooked a sliver and green canister from his belt, popping off the lid.

A brilliant light bloomed from the canisters mouth.