Chapter 5. Gathering

Dumbledore read the list, a few places he knew about. A few he did not. He was not happy with being forced into this scavenger hunt but he had no choice.

He quickly memorized it just as if flared up in a flurry of green fire.

Fudge had arrived during the meeting with King Phantom and, having heard it all, was fully updated. "What news, Albus?"

"Three within the castle. One at the Ministry, the gaunt shack, three at Malfoy Manor. One within the Malfoy Vault at gringotts, and the broken vessel is in my office. I believe we should retrieve them at once."

"We shall not bow to dark creatures."

Harry wanted to strangle the toad.

"We are higher than them and we must stand firm. I say we declare war upon them and bring back the precious children ourselves."

Fudge looked torn. "What if they are injured though?"

"If we bow now we will never be superior again

All other creatures will rise up. Even the muggles will be able to defeat us."

Fudge started to nod.

"Cornelius. I know you and I are not on the best terms but perhaps just once we can bend our pride. For the children."

"Whom, I remind you, were taken from under your nose."

"There were also over 30 aurors here. If they managed to take so many with only two we may be looking at a greater threat than Voldemort ever was. We cannot fight them as much as it pains me to say."

Fudge closed his eyes. It was obvious he wished he could ignore this problem but hundreds of terrified families were currently huddled in the Ministry building, waiting for answers.

"I think we should look at both.options." He said finally. "Find a way to fight. But gather these shards just in case."

Dumbledore kept his composure as Dolores turned red but quickly calmed.

"The first is right here." Dumbledore said. "Your amulet, if you don't mind, professor."

Dumbledore held his hand out towards Dolores.

Harry grinned at the face she made as she handed it over after Fudge prompted her to.

She placed it in a bag that Dumbledore had conjured, careful not to touch it.

"Myself and a few teachers and Alumni will get to retrieving the shards and vessel. A team of aurors should get to Malfoy manor and find the one there. Apparently it's a snake they are after. And the wizards they want are also there. So a decently large team would be best. As for waging war, I believe the planning for that is best left in your hands."

He grinned and Harry had no choice but to follow his example at Dolores's disgusted face. Fudge nodded and gave dumbledore twenty aurors, Kingsley And tonks among them. He took the rest and returned to the Ministry.

Dumbledore created groups and divided the present Order members among them. It was obvious that he knew exactly what these shards were.

Harry got up to ask what he could do Dolores got ahold of him. "Come with me, potter."

Harry blanched, rubbing his wrist, the one that said. "I must not tell lies."

"Yes, professor?" He asked, Hermione very subtly pulling out her wand.

"I said come with me, Potter."

Harry got up, looking for help but the teachers were already gone, spread throughout Britain.

Umbridge took him to her office, full of pink and photos of kittens.

"Sit down."

He did so, only for her to grab his wrists and force him forward.

"Do you know what you have done!?" She spat.

Harry tried to pull away but her grip was too tight.

"This is all your fault. If you hadn't needed to be the center of attention those savages never would have risen up. Them and that ridiculous King never would have come here and taken the students."

"Let go of him!"

Dolores snapped back as Peeves floated in, glaring.

"Leave poltergeist. This is none of your concern."

"You insulted the High King Phantom. The High King Phantom is Peeves friend. King Phantom lets Peeves and the other ghosts stay here. You will pay."

Everything started shaking and plates started flying off the walls as Peeves glowed green.

Harry ran from the room and straight into MCgonagall just as Umbridge started screaming as Peeves cackled.

Minerva rushed in and saw the chaos as peeves hurled everything from books to desks at the shrieking toad.

She smiled and closed the door. "Come, Mr. Potter. We need to talk."

Harry gulped but Mcgonagall didn't hear over Umbridges screaming.