Chapter 10. Exchange

This song was the one playing in my head as I wrote this chapter. Please play it while or before you read.

There were over 100 aurors in the courtyard, on the Battlements, waiting for Midnight.

They were ready for an attack, all eye on the three figures and two bags, one still, the other wiggling angrily, waiting in front of the Willow trees, a crowd of worried parents watching from a distance, the Weasley's in front.

What they did not expect was a show.

The portal sparked to life and from its depths came the swell of music.

Suddenly dozens of musicians came pouring ut, ghosts and humans alike, spreading throughout the courtyard without a care in the world as even more students filed out, dancing and singing. Horses trotted into the courtyard, their riders  controlling them expertly as more and more came out, dancing to the sound of a violin as Nancy Travis, the fourth year who had cast music spells came out, dancing along while she played violin.

Students in armour came, mock battles breaking out in time with the music as fireworks launched from the wands of the rest of the students, grins on their faces as the courtyard was lit up by the dazzling display as the music swelled. And yet others used magic to create beautiful living sculptures of ice and water, swirling around in an ethereal dance high above the courtyard.

A single ghost walked out” black hair and blue eyes dressed in armour, the students effortlessly moving aside and he strode to the center of the dancers and everyone moving in such a flurry of activity no one noticed him approaching the ransom.

As one, the students withdrew their wands.

“Expecto Patronum!”

A swirl of white light as a verifiable ark on animals rose into the air, swirling through the sky in a brilliant flash of light, blinding the aurors in the dazzling display before dashing through the crowd.

Phantom ( disguised as the first year) tossed the bag of items through the portal, where Fright Knight and Wulf waited.

He hooked the wiggling Nagini’s bag to apassing horse who ran through when all the horses returned to the Realm.

The Patronuses flew around in a tight second circle as students with instruments built up the music, keeping all eyes on them as Voldemort and Pettigrew vanished.

Harry, who was cowering on his knees looked up to see the entrancing sphere of glowing animals racing through the sky and gasped in amazement.

Phantom grabbed his chin. “Bite this.” He said, handing Harry a strip of leather. “Don't scream. This will hurt but I can get it out.”

Harry bit down as agony ripped through his being. “By the power of the King, I command you. Leave your host.”

An intense pain traveled from the.lightning scar throughout the Boy-Who-Lived body as he screamed through the bit, pleading for Phantom to stop but to no avail.

Then it suddenly stopped and Harry fell to the ground, unable to remain standing.

A snake came from Harry's scar. It hissed and bared its fangs.

The King hissed back, baring his own famgs before grabbing the creature which blazed up in a stream of purple flames and flew off in the wind.

“Go. The song is ending.” Phantom urgedas the music sped up and the sphere started to condense.

He helped Harry to his feet and passed him off to a ghost who helped him to the side, out of sight.

Phantom dropped the disguise and stood proud, held held high, a cocky but knowing smirk on his face.

The sphere of Patronuses collapsed and all was still as the King held his head high.

A cheer went up from the students as they celebrated a job well done.

The students had put together the display themselves, determined to show off their new skills. When Phantom had found out, he called in the ghosts of choreographers and put together this work of art. He was proud. They had come far.

The students who had weapons had circled up around him, swords in one hand, wands in the other.

“Protego!” Every student shouted, as the Aurors opened fire.

A huge shield went up, preventing any from approaching them.

The King looked towards Dumbledore and Fudge. “Albion. Avalon.”

Instantly, two ghosts appeared. Albion and Avalon, standing next to Dumbledore and Fudge respectively.

Phantom grin as they flew over and hugged him. “Missed you guys too.”

“That was one hell of a show.” Albion said. “Good thing I was recording.”

Phantom laughed.

“Lets go home.” Avalon said.

“Whatever you say, Sam.”

“No one but Technus was let into my room, right.” Albion asked.

“No one touched your stuff, Tucker. Come lets go home.”

“Alright Danny.” Sam, said.

They turned to face the crowd of aurors and parents, who were trying to break down the shield charm. But they were out numbered 4 to one.

“To all my new human friends. See you soon.”

The trio stepped through the portal and it glimmered and faded.

At least, in the eyes of anyone without a key, that is.

To all who had been gifted a key, a glowing Oaken door had appeared, waiting for them.  Waiting for them to return.