Chapter 8. Council Decisions

Skulker looked through his binoculars at the rundown building before checking his scanners.

"High levels of magic along with 17 large heat signatures. This is it."

Cujo, a ghostly hound licked his friends face. Although he belonged to the King, he had been sent to help Skulker.

Skulker scratched his ear as he looked through the binoculars once more, this time focusing about a quarter mile into the distance. He flipped a switch and the night lit up in thermals.

30 Aurors were hidden in the trees, waiting nearby. They had chased him here and although Skulker hated being bait he had to follow the King's command.

He watched as the aurors moved in slowly, barging in and casting spells about the rundown villa and into the open air.

Something exploded and a dark wizard set off a trap the Hunter had set.

After about 20 minutes of lights and explosions and several more springing traps, a pair of aurors dragged a hooded figure in a full body bind away while their comrades, considerably less in number started to collect the Death Eaters hanging from trees in glowing nets or by their ankles in a silvery lines or unconscious, darts protruding from their prone forms.

"Come in Phantom. Mission successful. Over and out."

A portal appeared in front of him and man and dog stepped inside, leaving nothing but the silence of the aftermath of a battle.

Meanwhile, Albion watched from a tree as Albus Dumbledore ripped off the hooded figures hood.

He was pale, almost as pale as the King's hair. His eyes were slitted and he had a snakes nose.

He wasn't anything more that an abomination.

"Hello, Tom." Albus said. "I wish it hadn't come to this."

He replaced the hood before the Dark Lord could say anything and Albus and the 23 remaining auror apparated to the Ministry, Albion hitching an invisible ride.

Once there, met up with Avalon, handing her a disk that she grinned at and put in her pocket to watch later.

Right now. They had a meeting to crash.

It had already started.

"How goes the battle preparations?"

"We always have Skurge but with the level of power these strange ghosts possess it may not be enough."

"They are violating no less than 24 ministry laws by forming their own government, even if it is just a perversion of a monarchy. And another 64 by taking 369 wizarding children hostage."

"Are they seriously arguing on how they are going to punish us?" Albion whispered.

Avalon nodded. "They've been at it for an hour or so now."

Albus interrupted the proceedings every so often, trying to nudge them towards handing everything over."

"Hey, Albion."

"Yeah?"

"Think that kid knows what's up?"

"What kid?"

"The shard kid?"

"Don't know. Dumbledore didn't tell him but someone else might have."

"Oh."

"There are lives at stake. And we are on a time limit. According to King Phantom,"

"He is no king!"

"According to King Phantom," Albus continued. "Human beings cannot survive long in the other world. Therefore we must get them out quickly. And we should probably save those students before launching a war anyways. We can always attack later. For now. We bargain."

"Smart man." Avalon said. "Bit arrogant but smart."

"Let us put it to a vote." someone said.

"All in favor of attacking as soon as possible?"

Hands went up, including Code Name Magical Pink Toad.

"All in favor of agreeing to the terms set by this ''King Phantom.'"

A lot more hands went up.

"All in favor of complying for now and subduing them later."

Over two thirds raised their hands.

Dumbledore sighed. This will not end well.

"Oh goody. Another war to fight." Albion said, the sarcasm practically tangible.

"I'll see you at Midnight. I'll follow Fudge until the exchange is met. I'll let Phantom know what's up." Avalon said.

"Will do. Same time and place. See you there."

Albion vanished and Avalon focused her attention back on Fudge.

Albion was back at Hogwarts, in the Headmasters office.

"Herald Albion." Dumbledore called out. "I don't know if your listening or watching. I figure Phantom would want to keep an eye on things and I have no way of contacting you."

Albion returned to the visible spectrum, floating a few feet above the ground. "Do you have he who ripped a soul from beyond, he who ripped his soul 7 times, the six shards and the broken vessel?"

Dumbledore nodded.

"The gate will open in three days at midnight. Be prepared." He vanished once again.

Dumbledore sighed, sending a patronus to Minerva. "Time for Harry to face his destiny."