Chapter 7. Ride of the Valkyries.

It had been three days since the students left.

Three days since the Ministry declared the manhunt for the Dark Lord and Pettigrew.

Three days since Albus had been informed that after this crisis was over he would be forced to retire from Hogwarts.

Three days since Harry Potter had been told what a horcrux was and how it portained to him.

Dumbledore hadn't seen him since.

It was hard on him. Dumbledore knew that and was giving him space.

But Harry knew that once Voldemort was captured, he, along with Tom, Peter and Nagini, would be part of the ransom to King Phantom.

He didn't want to die.

But he had too.

Dumbledore wasn't sure which was worse. The path Harry was currently on.

Or the the path Dumbledore had steered him towards.

All roads lead to the end.

Dumbledore walked down the corridor, walking by moving paintings, many still fighting through grief.

“Sir!”

Dumbledore stopped and turned to see Nearly headless Nick.

“Sir Nicholas. Whatever is the matter.”

“They took Peeves. The Ministry has him. Their hurting him. Phantom will not be happy if he finds out. You have to do something sir. The King is fiercely protective of his subjects and Peeves is one of them. He won't hesitate to hurt a student to get a point across.”

Dumbledore snapped his fingers and Fawkes and him aparated to the Ministry.

Sir nick bowed to the silver robed figure. “I trust he believed my performance.”

Albion nodded. “Well done. We should see him returned soon enough. The King thanks you for your service. He asked me to give you this.” Albion handed him a small square. “A verifiable feast for ghosts. As well as an invitation for any ghost in the castle to join him in the Infinite Realms when the portal opens.”

Sir Nick bowed once again as both vanished.

Dumbledore, in the meantime, was currently storming down the halls of The spirit division of the Ministry.

“Hey Avalon.”

“Albion.”

“Whats up.”

“Dumbledore is pissed.” Avalon said. “Tell Nick I said well done.”

The pair of specters floated invisibly down the hall, turning the recording devices on and staying close to the headmaster.

He barged into the interrogation room where he found Peeves floating dismally in an enchanted circle.

Avalon and Albion were careful to stay back while simultaneously letting Peeves know to stay silent to their presence.

Dumbledore waved his wand, shattering the circle, Peeves glowing silently and he vanished, pulled back to his haunt.

“What is the meaning of this, Albus! That was a prisoner of war! He had valuable Information.”

“Are you all daft. Phantom has 400 children. He can decimate our community. Whole pureblood lines will vanish for eternity, people would riot. And you go and do something that could piss him off!”

“I will not bow to a filthy creature. We will destroy them and their ‘King’ before the week is out.”

Avalon grabbed Albion before he could lunge and attack the pink toad. “Hold.” She hissed.

“The pride of Wizarding Britain is nothing in the face of 400 children being kidnapped. Faceit, Dolores. You can plot and plan all you want but until we have the children back we are between a rock and a hard place.”

Dolores looked ready to attack but the arrival of the Minister put a stop to that.

Avalon sighed, handing Albion a glowing american five dollar bill. “I honestly thought they would fight it out. They've been itching towards one for weeks now.”

But before he could say anything a young man appeared in front of him. “Sir. The team hunting you-know-who report a squadron of the strange ghosts approaching their position.”

“I must go deal with this. We shall talk later.” Fudge said.

Albion handed Avalon a five. “Okay. So he minorly has his priorities straight.

“Yes.” Avalon hissed. “Let's go watch.”

“I have to stay with Dumbledore. Send me a recording.”

“Alright. See you later.” Avalon flew off after the Minister as Albion sighed.

“I hope Danny knows what he's doing.”