Chapter 2. The Song of Youth

The teachers were spread throughout the school, each with a pocket watch in hand, nervously awaiting the stroke of midnight.

Word had been sent to a few Alumni and they wandered throughout the school, waiting for whatever Albion had spoken of.

Minerva wiped the sweat off her brow, pacing the Gryffindor common room, wand in hand.

15 minutes.

“There are some of the best wizards in Britain in this castle.” The Auror Amira said. “Breathe Professor. All will be well. Take a seat and have some tea.”

She waved her wand, a twisted hawthorn with dragon heartstring, a cup of tea appearing on a table.

Minerva sighed and checked the watch.

10 minutes.

Minerva stopped and sat down. Picking up the tea and taking a sip. St. John's wort. Good for the nerves.

5 minutes.

She was still checking the time as Amira paced the room, checking the wardings.

All were well.

“Any idea on what's going to happen?” Amira asked. She had graduated from hogwarts about ten years ago and Minerva could see she had achieved much.

“I just pray it isn't an attack.

3 minutes.

“If they wanted us dead that Albion bloke would have been the one to do it in Dumbledore’s office. No. Its something else.”

1 minute.

Both stood, senses strained, listening for the slightest noise.

Midnight.

A soft melody started to play, a soothing and uplifting song.

Come now. Sweet children. Come here, please, for me. So many things to show you.

“What is that?”

“Some sort of spell, perhaps?”

Then they heard students moving around upstairs.

They split up, Minerva went to the boys and Amira to the girls.

To find every student awake in their beds, getting dressed in casual clothes.

“What's going on. Back to bed immediately.” Minerva ordered.

Let none stop you. Take all that you need. Down in the courtyard I wait.

A few gave her confused looks but continued to get ready for the day, a dazed look in their eyes.

Minerva reached for a first year only for her hand to pass through him completely.

He ignored or didn't notice her, picking up his school bag and filling it with spare clothes and a few books.

Almost as if he was packing for a trip.

Minerva looked up and saw every other boy also preparing to leave.

Terrified, she ran to the next few dorms, seeing boys packing up their belongings.

But when she reached fourth year some were still asleep, but most were packing.

She climbed higher, seeing less and less packing for a trip until she reached sixth year, where only Fred, and George Weasley, along with Lee Jordan were getting ready to leave. No other six years or any of the seventh were packing.