10

The wood creaked beneath his feet, with each step he took his heart was racing. He currently stood in the hallway.

A bump in the night broke his slumber and being the cautious child that he was, he had to go and check it out. At first the young ,7 year old pup remained in bed, petrified at the thought of an intruder but he was the future,he had to be strong for his people.

The pup had not shifted  because he did not reach the shifting age of 15 but this did not damper his bravado. He tip toed to his bedroom door and opened it. He stepped out slowly hence him now standing in the hallway.

As the 7 year old walked through the darkened hallway, he heard the crackle of footsteps coming from downstairs.

There was definitely something in the house.

The pup slowly toed down the stairs, from the stairwell he could see the outline of a figure. He could see that the figure was a woman. She was busy rummaging through the lounge, it appeared that she was looking for something.

He couldn't get a very good view of her features, the house was extremely dark. He softened his breathing in order to prevent her from spotting him.

She looked under the sofa's, fiddled through the bookshelves and threw the cushions on the floor. Whatever she has looking for, she clearly had not found it.

"I swear I left it here." whispered the figure.

The pup wondered in curiosity as to what she was looking for. He slowly stepped down each the stairs.

He was no longer going to hide. He was a werewolf and werewolves never hide.

"Miss. What are you doing?" said the young wolf as he entered the lounge.

The lady turned around in shock, she did not sense this child's presence until he spoke. She looked at the child clad in pajamas and deceptively smiled. He could useful.

"Dear I'm looking for a book. Perhaps you can help me find it?" said the lady sweetly.

"Oh sure, what book are you looking for?" asked the naïve werewolf. The woman smiled at his eagerness to help, the sweet tone always worked.

"Its called The Divinity." answered the woman.

"Oh well its not here. Mother lent it to her friend..." as the pup spoke, he sensed something was off, why would someone look for a book in the middle of the night. How could he be so foolish.

He looked at the woman, although it was dark he could make out her delicate features and see the sparkle in her eyes, she looked as though she couldn't harm a fly but the pup knew better than to believe appearances.

"What did you say your name was?"

The woman sensed the pups uneasiness, he was catching on but she was not worried, who would believe a 7 year old anyway.

"My name is..."

Suddenly the Earth rumbled, a flock of birds flew through the windows, as the birds engulfed the woman they sang an ear piercing song.

The pup blocked his ears and cowered in fear.

This is all a dream.

This is all a dream.

This is all a dream.

Alpha Cain jolted out of bed sweating heavily. His heart raced and his eyes scanned the room, searching for the lady.

She was not here. She was gone.

He jumped off the bed, ditching the covers. He sighed in relief as his body began to cool down, he had never had a nightmare in years.

As he stood stagnantly, he reflected on the nightmare.

Why is it that whenever he has a nightmare its always the same one.

The last time he had this bad dream he was 7 years old.

As he thought of the events that occurred, something within Cain was telling him to go to the bookshelf.

Cain walked over to the shelf, he looked at the second shelf and there in all its glory was the book the woman wanted

The Divinity.

As the Alpha held the book, his heart was racing. He then mentally scolded himself.

"It's just a book, stop being such a pup." said The Alpha to himself.

He opened the book and there on the inside cover in big bold

E L L A.

was engraved. As his finger tips ran over the carved letters, his heart was in his throat. He read this book before and this was definitely not there.

As he looked at the name, he could hear the woman whispering in his ear :

My name is Ella.

Alpha Cain was not one to be frightened but this name evoked a sense of fear within him.

"Do we know anyone named Ella." asked his wolf

"No I don't think we do. But whoever she is...she is definitely bad news."

Cain looked at the time on his cellphone, it was 01:00 am. He needed to get some sleep but after this nightmare he couldn't get slumber.

A light bulb went off in his head. He knew exactly what to do.

He stepped out his bedroom and walked down the dark hallway. He hadn't realized the similarity of his dream to his current situation until he was walking down the stairs. He froze in realization.

He could hear someone in the kitchen, he walked into the lounge and slowly made his way to the kitchen.

As he stepped closer to the kitchen an intoxicating scent greeted his senses, he smiled in delight.

There in all his glory was his mate, busy pouring himself a glass of milk and spreading nutella on chocolate chip cookies.

"Fancy seeing you here." said Cain.

His mate jumped in shock. He held his chest and said "OH GOSH. CAIN! You startled me!"

"Sorry but in all fairness you didn't notice me so even if I had not spoken, you would have been scared."

"True" said a blushing Rhian "Did I wake you?"

Cain smiled at the sight of his mate blushing. Cain was currently clad in only trunks so his mate obviously blushed at seeing his godlike body. Cain was vain and proud.

"No you didn't wake me. Making a snack I see."

"Yeah. I was hungry so I decided to make a little midnight snack. Want some?" asked Rhian.

"You know its past midnight right?" informed Cain.

"Oh hush, do you want the snack or not."

Cain nodded and took a seat on the kitchen counter whilst Rhian made another nutella chip cookie. (Chocolate Chip + Nutella = Nutella Chip.)

Rhian handed him the cookie when he was done. Cain chewed down the cookie, it was an explosion of chocolate for his taste buds and he loved it.

And for the rest of the night, the 2 men sat in comfortable silence munching on nutella chip cookies.