14

"Yes"

The Alpha remained static, he was unsure if this was real life or not. Did Rhian really agree to wear his mark?

Cain looked deep into Rhian's eyes and asked "Could you say that again? I didn't quite understand what you said."

Rhian blushed instantly. The process of marking one's mate was extremely physical so for Rhian to give consent to anything physical made him feel extremely shy.

"Yes...you can mark me."

Cain's lips etched into a Wolfie grin. He howled in delight at hearing his mate accept his mark. His wolf was mad with joy. When a mate bears the mark this is a wolf's way of claiming their mate as theirs and theirs only. The mark was also a promise of something to come.

The promise of mating.

The Alpha slammed his lips on Rhian's, giving him a preview of what's to come. His lips worked on Rhian as he hoisted his mate into his strong arms. His left arm held Rhian firmly whilst his right arm glided from Rhian's short hair to his cheekbones. Rhian's legs wrapped around Cain's waist and his arms were gripping Cain's shoulders.

Cain pulled away, leaving Rhian and himself a panting mess.

"As much as I'd love to mark you right here but unfortunately I cannot." said Cain threw his breaths.

Rhian nodded. The fae was still out of breathe from that kiss. The glorious sparks of the mate bond flowed from Cain to him, leaving even more breathless.

Cain then put Rhian down, his face became serious. At seeing Cain's face, Rhian knew something was up.

"What's wrong?" asked Rhian full of concern.

Cain pushed away a stray hair from Rhian's forehead. His hair was growing back quite fast, it now caressed the top of his forehead.

"I want to introduce you to the pack Rhian." answered Cain.

He found his mate and the pair were in a blossoming relationship that was only going to get better, so why were they keeping it from the pack. The pack needed to know that their Alpha had found his mate.

Rhian's eyes widened in surprise. He completely forgot about the pack. The low key relationship with Cain had made him completely forgot about the pack of wolves that his Alpha led.

"Rhian, listen I don't have to introduce to them right now. As much as I'd love to announce to world you're MINE but your input matters. If you don't want to do it, it is okay with me. Alright?"

Rhian pondered over Cain's proposition. What if the pack doesn't like him? I mean would the wolves be ok with a fae being their Alpha. This could end horribly but on the other hand the wolves might accept him and the pack would protect him.

"I don't know Cain. Would they even be ok with me?" said an uncertain Rhian.

Cain responded "Butterfly the wouldn't be ok with you...they will love you. Don't have any doubts about them. All the pack wants is to see their Alpha happy and believe me, I am happy."

"Well ok then. I guess you do have to explain why is a fae hanging around."

The wolves gathered in the pack hall. All of them anxious as to what announcement their Alpha was going to make.

Many of the members thought that the Alpha was going to declare a war with another pack thus many pack members were fearful of today's announcement.

The men and women were busy in conversation but all the chatter died when Beta Tayden and Head guard Xavier followed by Alpha Cain and Rhian appeared on stage.

The pack members looked at Rhian with suspicion. They did not know who this blonde haired boy nor why he hung around the Alpha so much so they were extremely cautious.

Alpha Cain looked out from the podium. He tapped his mic and boldly said "I call this meeting into session."

"ALPHA CAIN! LONG LIVE HE!!!" recited the pack members .

"I'm sure you are wondering what this meeting is about. Well I have some good news, I have found my mate."

The audience erupted into cheers, their Alpha had found his mate! "The Goddess was truly blessing their pack" thought many pack members.

"And here he is." said Cain as Rhian walked to his side.

The cheers were then silenced. This boy was his mate.

"Alpha you must be mistaken. He can't be your mate. Look at him." said a brave pack member. Cain's anger increased at his words.

"If this is because he's male. You've got hell coming for you" said Cain dangerously.

The pack member retorted "No Alpha! I don't care that he's male. I care that he's a fae! He can't be trusted! If the fairies kicked him out why should we welcome him?"

"Before you brand someone get to know their story first." answered Rhian.

"I understand your concerns but your Alpha makes me extremely happy and I would never do anything to harm his pack."

Pack members whispered among each other.

"You heard my mate. He is going to be a part of my life and I do hope that you respect him the same way that you respect me. With that being said, this meeting is now adjourned."

Pack members dispersed, hurriedly chatting away as they left the hall.

Cain wrapped his arms around Rhian and gently pecked Rhian's cheek, "You did great butterfly. You are going to be a great Alpha."

"I sure hope so."

Beta Tayden watched the pair. At the age of 23 he had still not found his mate and seeing these 2 lovers made him long for his mate. He hoped that he would find his mate soon.

"Alpha its now 2 'o clock, the pups training session is about to begin and today you're supposed to supervise them."

"Ah yes. I should get going." said Cain as he detached from Rhian, "I will see you later butterfly."

Cain then ordered Head guard Xavier to follow Rhian around whenever he was busy with Alpha duties. His mate's safety was his number one priority.

Lilith caressed the golden serpent slithering beneath her foot. Its cold eyes glowed a beautiful scarlet as it bopped its head.

"My pet, soon you will have a new toy to play with."

With those words the snake hissed in excitement.
.

.

.

.

Thank you for reading. As usual don't forget to vote, comment and share this with all your friends. See you in the next chapter, bye readers.

- B.❤